Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones urges 'idol' Anderson Silva to retire after two 'flukish losses'

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    No he didn't. The first fight Chris capitalized on a moment where Anderson was being overly confident. Up until that point I fully expected Anderson to win the fight. I do agree that Chris was clearly winning the second fight.
    ExxxxxxACTLY.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Aww, poor Jon Jones afraid that Anderson might come after his belt at the LHW?

Either way a professional fighter should not urge anyone of his peers to retire even if asked about it. It easily comes out as disrespectful. I'm hoping Silva beats Jones twice and then urges Jon Jones to retire after two losses with his funny/bad english, because well... that would be pretty damn funny
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

I know im prob gonna get flames for this but i really urge you guys to re-watch the second fight. Chris wasn't as dominating as people make out.

He definatley wobbled Silva though and won the round, but it was breif and was still a 10-9 round.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    neither were a fluke silva got destroyed twice
    No he didn't. The first fight Chris capitalized on a moment where Anderson was being overly confident. Up until that point I fully expected Anderson to win the fight. I do agree that Chris was clearly winning the second fight.
    Anderson wasn't being overly confident. He wasn't clowning.
    It's part of his strategy. Anderson employs a reach advantage [in addition to a better striking skill base] in the majority of his fights. He uses head movement to stay just out of reach of his opponents, gets them to over commit to the strike, and then effectively counters. His counters are effective because he's got a great skill set, but also because while he's just out of their range, they're still in his range.

That didn't work with Weidman. Chris is a big, big MW, with the same reach as Anderson. Not only that, Weidman doubled up on the left before delivering the right, instead of haplessly windmilling alternate lefts and rights like others have.

So yes, Weidman capitalized. No, it wasn't a matter of Anderson being over confident.

Getting "destroyed" is a bit of a stretch, although he was convincingly finished in both fights. Again, I wouldn't call it "domination," but both wins were convincing. Anderson was in trouble on multiple occasions in both bouts. Chris was never in trouble in either of them.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    I know im prob gonna get flames for this but i really urge you guys to re-watch the second fight. Chris wasn't as dominating as people make out.

He definatley wobbled Silva though and won the round, but it was breif and was still a 10-9 round.

JMO
    I don't think you'll get flamed for that. I've yet to read anyone - on any forum - who thinks Rd 1 was 10-8 to Weidman.

If Andersons's two losses against Weidman were flukish, then so are his wins against Cote and Belfort.

Weidman's wins are legitimate.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    If Andersons's two losses against Weidman were flukish, then so are his wins against Cote and Belfort.

Weidman's wins are legitimate.
    ^^^^ No one seems to remember backing Silva on his wins over Vitor or Patrick you know what its the celebrity factor Chris needs Ralph Machio to come out and say he trained him on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    But doesn't that exaggeration make you as bad as the people you despise?

I haven't seen that. Do you have a link?
    I've seen where Silva said he was trying his hardest to win, that it was part of his strategy and he wasn't clowning. I haven't seen him admit that it was "poor technique."

rh
    You are right I was trolling in retaliation and yeah he did say it, here is the link

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/30/45...68-rematch-mma
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

neither were a fluke silva got destroyed twice
    Wrastlin' Weidman's testicles as per usual. You must be very chaffed.

This "disrespect" you view has led to you being a trolling cunt.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-06-2014 at 03:19 PM.

You are right I was trolling in retaliation and yeah he did say it, here is the link

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/30/45...68-rematch-mma
    I don't know that a technical error automatically translates to "poor technique." It could easily be ascribed to misjudging the distance to effectively counterstrike.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information