Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones Wants Celebrity Boxing Match with George Zimmerman

Default Jon Jones Wants Celebrity Boxing Match with George Zimmerman

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...orge-zimmerman

Add UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones’ name to the growing list of celebrities hoping for an opportunity to punch George Zimmerman in the face.

Zimmerman recently revealed to RadarOnline.com that he plans on competing in a “celebrity boxing match” in March.

In a post on Twitter, Jones said that he would have “gladly” taken the fight if it didn’t interfere with training for his upcoming title bout with Glover Teixeira.

Zimmerman is widely recognized for the death and fatal shooting of 17-year-old high school student Trayvon Martin. He was acquitted after standing trial and pleading not guilty to murder by reason of self-defense.

In the exclusive interview with Radar, Zimmerman claims boxing was a hobby he had “prior to the incident” as a means for accomplishing his weight-loss goals. After mulling over the idea of actually competing with a friend, he was introduced to celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman.

The two came to an agreement on a March 1 bout that will air exclusively online and through pay-per-view. According to Zimmerman, all of his cash earnings will be donated to charity.

Several notable names have popped up in the last few days as potential opponents, including rap superstars Kanye West, The Game and DMX.

“I don’t have a preference [on opponent] as long as it goes to charity, doesn’t matter to me. Hopefully someone that won’t hurt me too bad!” Zimmerman told Radar.

Luckily for Zimmerman, Jones will be busy training for his April 26 bout with Teixeira.

An average Joe taking on a professional fighter and world champion in a glorified sparring match wouldn’t have been a pretty sight anyway.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Have Zimmerman fight Chuck Liddell. Who doesn't want to see the Iceman get one more KO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Have Zimmerman fight Chuck Liddell. Who doesn't want to see the Iceman get one more KO?
    Now that I can watch.
    I read somewhere that Zimmerman said he was "fine" with fighting a black man. Zimmerman also said in an interview that he wanted to fight Kanye West to make Kanye fight someone who wasn't defenseless (referring to the 18 year old Kanye punched).

Kanye would beat the shit out of Zimmerman.

Make it interesting. Sit a midget on the shoulders of another midget, and give them both boxing gloves, and have THAT monstrosity of nature fight Zimmerman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

lol

From the Klitschko brothers to George Zimmerman, damn, Goose really has Jones questioning his skills

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    From the Klitschko brothers to George Zimmerman, damn, Goose really has Jones questioning his skills
    Nice!

I owe you some rep for that one.

8. Default

Rappers can't fight.

10. Default

Zimmerman is donating all of his money to charity. The DMX fight ia confirmed over money issues between DMX and Zimmerman

Thread Information