Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 185 champ Chris Weidman says 205 may be in his future

Default UFC 185 champ Chris Weidman says 205 may be in his future

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/video-u...in-his-future/
    Weidman recently told USA TODAY Sports that if he can clean out the middleweight division, he might not have a choice but to move up to light heavyweight to see what he can get done 20 pounds heavier.

“Whatever the fans really want to see, and whatever is the toughest challenge for me (is what I want to do),” Weidman said. “Right now, the 185-pound division is exciting. There’s a lot of guys and a lot of matchups that people want to see me against. So those are the fights I’m going to fight. But if it comes to the point where ’85 looks a little stale, I have no problem going to 205.

“I want to clear out the middleweight division, and then fight the best at 205 and show the world what I can do. Once I feel like I’m not loving it and I’m slowing down, then I’ll stop. Hopefully I’m not one of those guys who are doing it for the wrong reasons toward the end and just fighting for a paycheck and getting knocked out every fight.”

Kinda early to be talking like that.

Eh, he should skip 205 and go right to heavyweight.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Eh, he should skip 205 and go right to heavyweight.
    ...just because his coach bloats up to heavyweight doesn't mean that he has to.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Kinda early to be talking like that.
    I think its more of a not being able to make weight issue similar to jones and his eventual move to heavyweight. He gcuts from like 220, so I can understand why having an eventual goal of being at 205 makes sense but you are right he shouldn't be talking about what he is going to do after clearing out the division after one title defense.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Weidman vs Glover, yes please!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Hahahahaha no.

Lets just assume from here on out that every fighter is open to moving weight classes, because that is practically the case.

When is that super heavyweight division coming? He can really bulk up for that.

Too many of these new guys are looking way into the future. Focus on your upcoming fight and shut up.

Weidman vs Glover?

That's a pointless match. Weidman mops the floor with Glover imho. Its even more pointless when Glover is probably never gonna be champion at 205.

Thread Information