Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC 185 champ Chris Weidman says 205 may be in his future

When this luck-sack beats Vitor, Machida, and Jacare than he can start talking about leaving the division.

2. Default

I don't see what Chris did as luck but totally agree defend the title a few times first. We still have to take in someone else asked the question, and their putting the cart before the horse with it

Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    When this luck-sack beats Vitor, Machida, and Jacare than he can start talking about leaving the division.
    Think that's a bit Harsh, unbeaten and has 2 wins against the guy I regarding as the GOAT, hasn't done anything wrong in any fights, has shown no weakness, hopefully Vitor can at least make a fight of it and hurt him to see how he copes but I think luck-sack is massively unwarranted
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

I'm surprised they haven;t mentioned a "superfight" with Jones yet.

I know these guys get asked the questions... be nice if the answer was I'm going to worry about the challengers in front of me at my current weight class. We listened for years about a GSP v Silva fight that never happened don't really need to hear their respective replacements to follow suit.

We don't take kindly to goals and ambition round here,Mr.Weidman.

Weidman's just trying to runaway from Hendricks.

I would like it very much if the UFC instituted some rules to go along with their currently meaningless rankings system. No chance of Super Fights until both champs have convincingly (won fight by more than a 3-2 round advantage, either a 4-1 decision or finish) beat everyone currently ranked in the top 5, maybe even the top 10. If a guy changes weight classes, he may not start out at the new weight class ranked with in the top 10. Title shots should work by picking a date, calling up the highest ranked contender, and offering him the shot, if he refuses, call the #2 guy, and so on and so forth. The penalty for refusing said title offer should be a guarantee that you will not be offered another shot until you win another fight, basically putting a freeze on your ranking. This would stop all the Super Fight talk, guys that have no business getting title shots, getting them, and high contenders turning down shots because the timing isn't optimal. The belt would be defended more offer that way too.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Interdivision fights, we may as well start talking about potential tag team matchups that will never happen either. "I heard Wiedman and GSP are tagging up to take on Silva and Jones!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Too many of these new guys are looking way into the future. Focus on your upcoming fight and shut up.

Weidman vs Glover?

That's a pointless match. Weidman mops the floor with Glover imho. Its even more pointless when Glover is probably never gonna be champion at 205.
    Disagree, I think Glover will put up a better fight than Anderson did.

I disagree as well, glover is much bigger and a better grappler than silva.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information