Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey Lands Two Movie Roles

Default UFC Fighter Ronda Rousey Lands Two Movie Roles

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/wa...ge-1201089906/

After watching Ronda Rousey successfully defend her UFC Women’s bantamweight title in December, Warner Bros. seems to see major crossover potential in the UFC fighter, signing her for two high-profile projects.

The studio is in final negotiations to acquire rights to New York Times bestselling author Brad Thor’s “Athena Project” with Rousey attached to star, and it’s also tapped her for one of the female leads in the upcoming “Entourage” movie.

Rousey is currently training for her next fight: On Feb. 22 she will defend her title against Sarah McMann at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Rousey will begin shooting her role in the “Entourage” movie in mid-March.

It is unknown what she will do following the “Entourage” shoot since her next fight following McMann has not yet been set. But as “The Athena Project” is still looking for a writer, it’s likely that Rousey will be back in the gym prepping for her next bout.

I hope she is better at acting than Gina. Well lets be honest a grocery bag with a smiley face drawn on it might be better than Gina at acting.

I liked the first several seasons of Entourage but i hold no hope that the movie will be any better than the last two seasons which were pretty crappy imo outside of Drama and Dice.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post
    I hope she is better at acting than Gina. Well lets be honest a grocery bag with a smiley face drawn on it might be better than Gina at acting.
    I thought Haywire was better--and Gina, specifically--than any film I've seen with an MMA fighter in it. I know that's kind of like being the thinnest kid at fat camp, but I didn't hate it. She was lightyears ahead of rampage in that horrible A team shite.

I do not find Rousey attractive, or particularly interesting. I doubt she'll be better than Gina.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Like you said that's not saying much. Haywire as a movie i enjoyed albeit i had to watch it twice to really begin to appreciate it.
    I like the pace of the movie and the fight scenes are good as well. The movie as a whole isn't bad imo and to your point i agree its the best MMA fighter in a Hollywood film. It was just hard to stomach when Gina had to talk and it wasn't even her voice most of the time.

I think Ronda is attractive like a 2 outta 5. 1 being nope won't fuck, 2 yup I'd hit that, 3 being hell yeah, 4 don't leave me in a room alone or i might chloroform her, 5 i have no business being in the same zip code. Nowhere near Gina level though. Gina would be a 4 to me. She probably won't be any better than Gina unless Ronda plays an angry uber competitor that is also a hardcore bitch, then she might pull it off.
    Last edited by beardown98; 02-06-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

...so typecast her as real life?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Sure, the woman's division is shallow enough for the champ to take time off to film bad movies.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Photographers are so weird.

"Lets take this fighter chick and put her in a derelict building and have her model sexily on top of broken rusty equipment. Mmmmm yea thats hot baby"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Photographers are so weird.

"Lets take this fighter chick and put her in a derelict building and have her model sexily on top of broken rusty equipment. Mmmmm yea thats hot baby"
    Nothing sexier than a girl who need s tetnus shot

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Sure, the woman's division is shallow enough for the champ to take time off to film bad movies.
    you didnt actually read the article did you?

Rousey is currently training for her next fight: On Feb. 22 she will defend her title against Sarah McMann at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Rousey will begin shooting her role in the “Entourage” movie in mid-March.

It is unknown what she will do following the “Entourage” shoot since her next fight following McMann has not yet been set. But as “The Athena Project” is still looking for a writer, it’s likely that Rousey will be back in the gym prepping for her next bout.

Thread Information