Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Report: UFC veteran Thiago Silva apprehended by Florida police

1. Default

If you've seen one Thiago you've seen them all.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

What a sad tale, the guy has just spiraled out of control. Hopefully, he can get his life back in order in a few years, looks like his fighting career is over.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I don't know what else this guy could do except fight. I think he could probably fight for ONE FC and make really good money. or he could fight for a small org in the U.S and make beer money part time. Honestly it sounds like this guy needs some serious mental help before he gets out of jail. And the American Prison system isn't the place to get mental help. So he'll do his time and probably go right back in for something stupid, that is if he isn't killed in prison first. I hope his ex wife can move on with her life in peace now. What a waste.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

A waste, indeed.

So long, dumbass.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Really hate this news. The two times I ran into Silva he was a really cool dude. Still kinda wanna give him the benefit of the doubt sadly. Hope he can get his shit together.

that is if he isn't killed in prison first
    May very well be. But I think that anyone would think twice before messing with him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Jesus suffering fuck...

Definitely deserved to be cut after this turn of events. Just reading the allegation that he put a gun in his wife's mouth was enough to make me feel wholly uneasy. The only semi-decent thing was that he didn't pull the trigger in that scenario or at the school. Still fucked up though.

Yeah I dont see many people messing with him in prison. The guy is the scariest looking guy in the lhw division imo.

9. Default

Ex-wife: 'Paranoid' Thiago Silva turned 'violent' after cocaine use
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/2/11/54...ne-use-ufc-mma

For the first time since his arrest, Thiago Silva's ex-wife is speaking out about the events that led to his shocking arrest.

Thaysa Kamiji was married to the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight for eight years, but ended their relationship in late 2012 when she claims the "aggressive" Brazilian was "unbalanced" and subjected her to repeated assaults.

From UOL Sports (via MMA Fighting):

"In our relationship, I had to deal with the imbalance and aggressions. But I never went to talk to the police because I fear the reactions. Even after I was assaulted, I did not speak. The problem was cocaine. He always thinks he's above the law. My neighbor knew that she should call the police if she ever heard me scream. He had the cocaine paranoia. He came to my house, tore my clothes and pointed a gun at my head. I already suffered some abuse, but I always withdrew because I was afraid."
    The cocaine use, Kamiji alleges, caused him to become "violent" in recent weeks.

Silva was arrested in South Florida after an armed standoff with police (mug shot). He was detained and held without bond after the court deemed him a flight risk, as well as a threat to his community. You can access his police report here, as well as watch the video replay of his court appearance here.

But there are two sides to every story.

Attorney Scott Saul says Silva was drunk at the time he allegedly brandished a weapon outside the Pablo Popovitch academy in Oakland Park, but did "nothing serious" and thinks his wife's statement was taken "out of context" during her interview with police.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information