Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bisping Admits Scary Memory Loss Following K.O. From Hendo – “I got my just desserts”

Hybrid View

1. Default Bisping Admits Scary Memory Loss Following K.O. From Hendo – “I got my just desserts”

http://www.bjpenn.com/bisping-admits...just-desserts/

“I fought Dan Henderson in 2009 and I lost and that was at UFC 100 – UFC 100 was the biggest pay-per-view the company’s ever done. 1.6 million pay-per-view buys, watched all over the world, and of course I get knocked out cold after talking lots of smack leading up to the fight. So I got my just desserts in that one.”

“After the fight, I don’t remember anything. I remember being in the showers and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was saying to my manager at the time, ‘I can’t be knocked out cause I’m not fighting for another two months, what the hell are you talking about?’ and then these people come and go ‘Michael we need to take you to the hospital’. I’m like I’m not going to the hospital and then I’d say again, ‘what’s going on’, I’d just keep repeating myself.”
    “In my mind I thought I had somehow been convinced, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. That’s what was going on in my head. I was like ‘why have I fought tonight? I’m not supposed to fight for another two months!’.

“Eventually they coerced me into the ambulance and we’re rolling to the hospital and after a while it kind of dawned on me.”

an H-Bomb will do some damage to the brain.. not to mention the extra shot he took for running his mouth... I wonder if he learned his lesson now because he hasn't changed his behavior up to this point (Jorge Rivera)

Yeesh. Amazing it took something like that to get through to Bisping.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Someone has to start posting those motion pictures of the knockout haha

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Someone has to start posting those motion pictures of the knockout haha
    wait...Bisping got knocked out?

I've never seen it before...I can't believe I've missed it...does anyone have a GIF?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    wait...Bisping got knocked out?

I've never seen it before...I can't believe I've missed it...does anyone have a GIF?

rh

You'd think this might get old after about four and a half years but nope, it's still a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Just curious what everyone else thinks...... even though Dan said he threw that diving h-bomb to shut him up, he later said that he was just joking and that they're trained to follow up to make sure the fight is finished. I, for one, believe him considering that's what I thought he was doing when he did it. Just seems like there are people to this day who thinks Dan was out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    Just curious what everyone else thinks...... even though Dan said he threw that diving h-bomb to shut him up, he later said that he was just joking and that they're trained to follow up to make sure the fight is finished. I, for one, believe him considering that's what I thought he was doing when he did it. Just seems like there are people to this day who thinks Dan was out of line.
    In no way shape or form was Dan out of line. The onus is on the ref to stop the fight when one of the competitors is unable to compete. Until the ref jumps in, anything that lands is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    In no way shape or form was Dan out of line. The onus is on the ref to stop the fight when one of the competitors is unable to compete. Until the ref jumps in, anything that lands is fair game.
    well as you can see from the gif yamasaki went to go stop the fight the second the H bomb landed but you are right you can't fault dan for following up after the knockdown it is part of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yes and no. If you consider yourself a martial artist, then yes it was over the line. If you consider yourself just a fighter, then no it's not. You keep hitting the guy until the ref pulls you off. But most of the time a fighter knows when another fighter goes completely out. Dan knew and chose to get the extra shot in. As much as I dislike Bisping, I don't think he deserved that extra shot. The GIF may be amusing to MMA fans, but it's probably exhibit A when Anti-mma forces make arguments against legalizing the sport in states like New York. Eventually I can see MMA going the direction of the NFL and fining people who do stuff like that. Just like a defensive player in football, you are expected to be able to control your body's actions at all times. I hope to see an end to extra shots like that one day.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information