Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Tyler Manawaroa racist Instagram photo rocks TUF Nations cast, jeopardizes UFC future

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    gresham oregon
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Im aware of that, but that's obviously a very old tape. He's made it through his whole career without using it tho. Regardless this is not about Eminem, its about this ignorant fuck. So lets not steer this thread away from the topic.
    Just sayin he has. Everyone person on this earth has used a racial slur in some manner. We are human. Not sayin this is okay (I personally believe its in very bad taste) and im glad the ufc made the decision of not going to sign him

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Wow! After all the similar things that have been said by various fighters who were not cut... Wow! Two other things I have a problem with here as well. Number one, it was the UFC responsibility to do a background check on all the fighters before signing them for the show. They failed to find anything because they say weren't thorough enough. That's on them. Number two, it happened a year and a half ago! As some others have said on here, even if he meant it in a racist fashion, who hasn't said some really dumb shit regardless of their age. I could see the UFC putting him on "probation" to see how he handles himself and the situation, but to more or less blackball him is harsh IMO.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Hold on, though; it's not like he was an active fighter under contract. He was taking part in TUF to attempt to gain a contract and become a member of the org. Stating that they will not be hiring him after the show but allowing him to participate is actually more than he could ever expect.

    If he becomes a great fighter and shows he's learned from this, he shouldn't have any trouble finding work. He's simply given the company a black eye and they've made their statement. I'm fine with the move and I'm a HUGE UFC critic.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Hold on, though; it's not like he was an active fighter under contract. He was taking part in TUF to attempt to gain a contract and become a member of the org. Stating that they will not be hiring him after the show but allowing him to participate is actually more than he could ever expect.

    If he becomes a great fighter and shows he's learned from this, he shouldn't have any trouble finding work. He's simply given the company a black eye and they've made their statement. I'm fine with the move and I'm a HUGE UFC critic.
    yeah he is only 19, I think that would make him the youngest in the UFC anyways, when he gets a little older and mature he will definitely get signed one day if he does well in the smaller orgs.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    yeah he is only 19, I think that would make him the youngest in the UFC anyways, when he gets a little older and mature he will definitely get signed one day if he does well in the smaller orgs.
    the guy looks like he fucking 30

    man i hate to get fired per say from a job because of something i did a year and a half before i ever even tried for the job
    Last edited by mma #1 fan; 02-11-2014 at 01:46 PM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    the guy looks like he fucking 30

    man i hate to get fired per say from a job because of something i did a year and a half before i ever even tried for the job
    Make sure that your social media is clean because people are getting let go all of the time due to what they have done via social media. This isn't the first time:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1671830.html

    -Teachers losing jobs due to past with Playboy or something of that nature etc...it can happen.


    Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    I'm just glad social media wasn't around when I was 17. I can't imagine the stupid shit I would have posted.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    I haven't been 19 for a long time and I still don't have facebook because I would end up posting stupid shit and alienating people.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I'm just glad social media wasn't around when I was 17. I can't imagine the stupid shit I would have posted.
    I had a Livejournal back in the day. These days, though, I steer clear of social media. The people I care about have my phone number.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Its dumb but now I really hope he wins the thing. Who hasnt done some dumb shit in their teens.

    Hell, Im suprised im still alive!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •