Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sara McMann feels Ronda Rousey is 'just another opponent'

Default Sara McMann feels Ronda Rousey is 'just another opponent'

Sara McMann feels Ronda Rousey is 'just another opponent'
    Heading into UFC 170, Sara McMann is unfazed by the credentials of her opponent, UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda RouseyOn February 22, Ronda Rousey will put her UFC women's bantamweight title on the line against No. 4 ranked contender Sara McMann. The UFC has its pick of storylines to promote this matchup, the main event of UFC 170.

Both fighters will enter the Octagon with perfect records; Rousey is 8-0 while McMann is 7-0. Both fighters are Olympic medal winners. Rousey won bronze in judo in 2008. McMann took home silver in 2004 in freestyle wrestling. It will also be the first time in UFC history where two Olympians have met in the cage.
    The oddsmakers don't believe that McMann has much of a chance against Rousey. Bovada has Rousey a -450 favorite over the +325 McMann.

If you think McMann is sweating any of Rousey's past accomplishments, you would be wrong. As the 33-year-old McMann explained to Inside MMA, "She's just another opponent. After you've competed for 19 years, it's pretty hard to make anything the pinnacle. I look at it the same way, and I think that's to my benefit. That I just go out there and train hard and treat her like an opponent with skills in this area, and deficits in this area, and just go out there and fight."

Making People Smile
    Apparently Ronda didn't get the shirt.

I dont exactly know why this isn't getting more hype, she has a better chance at winning than Meisha did.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

IMO Macmann is the woman with most chances of beating Rousey.
    If she does not beat her, I think that no one else (unless Cyborg signs with UFC) will do it.

Hopefully MacMann has a nice strategy. Rousey always does the same thing: She comes very agressive throwing punches, gets the clinch, gets the takedown and form there looks for the armbar.
    What would happen if it is MacMann the one that comes very agressive and takes Rousey down?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I dont exactly know why this isn't getting more hype, she has a better chance at winning than Meisha did.
    i'd dissagree Sara is going to go and do what take Ronda down & set her self up for the sub fights over in the first

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    i'd dissagree Sara is going to go and do what take Ronda down & grind her down and get a late TKO
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    IMO Macmann is the woman with most chances of beating Rousey.
    If she does not beat her, I think that no one else (unless Cyborg signs with UFC) will do it.
    I totally agree. and that's what I've been saying to people.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thats the deal. Rousey just signed 2 movie deal so after macmann Dana will set up big money fight with Cyborg, Rousey will loose that one and go make her movies.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Rousey is not very strong on the feet - Meisha's mistake was constantly trying to take her down, and when she was successful, she would stay there. Sara's gameplan should be striking, striking, striking.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yes, she is far superior to Meisha but she doesn't have the looks. They should work this Olympian vs Olympian angle more.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Thread Information