Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    438

    Default Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...as-embarassing

    MMA Mania has the details from Globo: "It was embarrassing. Not that it should've been me, but winning the award after just one fight? It's shameful. He won one fight. The other was [pretty much] accidental."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Miami by way of NY
    Posts
    7,287

    Default

    Cat just posted this in another thread but ill say what i said in that one again...how is this embarrassing and not getting kncoked out so badly that it was the cover of a video game?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Cat just posted this in another thread but ill say what i said in that one again...how is this embarrassing and not getting kncoked out so badly that it was the cover of a video game?
    I did not see that. My b.

    Anyways, even if we just go by the first fight, he still beat Anderson freakin Silva.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 02-10-2014 at 12:17 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Cat just posted this in another thread but ill say what i said in that one again...how is this embarrassing and not getting kncoked out so badly that it was the cover of a video game?
    While I don't thing weidman getting fighter of the year is embarrassing, I don't see how victor getting kicked in the mouth is relevant... Just because something you perceive as embarrassing happened to him, that doesn't mean he know longer gets an opinion on what he thinks is embarrassing. There were definitely guys who impressed me more... But he did beat Anderson freakin' silva. Although if I remember correctly, Anderson has poor technique so it's not really much if a feat right ? I kid I kid.

    I disagree with vitor but I get where he's coming from....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    While I don't thing weidman getting fighter of the year is embarrassing, I don't see how victor getting kicked in the mouth is relevant... Just because something you perceive as embarrassing happened to him, that doesn't mean he know longer gets an opinion on what he thinks is embarrassing. There were definitely guys who impressed me more... But he did beat Anderson freakin' silva. Although if I remember correctly, Anderson has poor technique so it's not really much if a feat right ? I kid I kid.

    I disagree with vitor but I get where he's coming from....
    Think the reference to him getting kicked in the face is because it's a common opponent. Weidman beat a guy twice that made Belfort look foolish.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Miami by way of NY
    Posts
    7,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    While I don't thing weidman getting fighter of the year is embarrassing, I don't see how victor getting kicked in the mouth is relevant... Just because something you perceive as embarrassing happened to him, that doesn't mean he know longer gets an opinion on what he thinks is embarrassing. There were definitely guys who impressed me more... But he did beat Anderson freakin' silva. Although if I remember correctly, Anderson has poor technique so it's not really much if a feat right ? I kid I kid.

    I disagree with vitor but I get where he's coming from....
    He doesn't even know how to count because Weidman had two fights not one. Silva did the MMA equivalent of posterizing Belfort. He got savagely beaten by Silva yet thinks its ok to call it embarrassing that someone else was honored for beating him. That is definitely relevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.
    That is arguably the most played highlight in the history of MMA. It was on the cover of a goddamn vdeo game for crying out loud anyone going to Best Buy or Walmart and walks through the game section sees it. Its the modern day equivalent of wearing a dunce cap.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    480

    Default

    ^^ my grammar is embarrassing. Lol^^

  8. #8

    Default

    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.
    Foolish might be a little much... but the kick came straight down the middle and Vitor pretty much did nothing to avoid/block it. It showed that Anderson was on another level in terms of all around striking at the time.

    Point kind of was that Belfort really has no place to be judging Weidman's award considering his past fight history with Anderson. Weidman's back to back wins over Silva are more impressive then what Belfort did in 2013

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Miami by way of NY
    Posts
    7,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.
    I don't know why you put the word "foolish" in quotation marks because nobody said that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •