+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

Default Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...as-embarassing

MMA Mania has the details from Globo: "It was embarrassing. Not that it should've been me, but winning the award after just one fight? It's shameful. He won one fight. The other was [pretty much] accidental."

Cat just posted this in another thread but ill say what i said in that one again...how is this embarrassing and not getting kncoked out so badly that it was the cover of a video game?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Cat just posted this in another thread but ill say what i said in that one again...how is this embarrassing and not getting kncoked out so badly that it was the cover of a video game?
    I did not see that. My b.

Anyways, even if we just go by the first fight, he still beat Anderson freakin Silva.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 02-10-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    While I don't thing weidman getting fighter of the year is embarrassing, I don't see how victor getting kicked in the mouth is relevant... Just because something you perceive as embarrassing happened to him, that doesn't mean he know longer gets an opinion on what he thinks is embarrassing. There were definitely guys who impressed me more... But he did beat Anderson freakin' silva. Although if I remember correctly, Anderson has poor technique so it's not really much if a feat right ? I kid I kid.

I disagree with vitor but I get where he's coming from....

^^ my grammar is embarrassing. Lol^^

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    While I don't thing weidman getting fighter of the year is embarrassing, I don't see how victor getting kicked in the mouth is relevant... Just because something you perceive as embarrassing happened to him, that doesn't mean he know longer gets an opinion on what he thinks is embarrassing. There were definitely guys who impressed me more... But he did beat Anderson freakin' silva. Although if I remember correctly, Anderson has poor technique so it's not really much if a feat right ? I kid I kid.

Think the reference to him getting kicked in the face is because it's a common opponent. Weidman beat a guy twice that made Belfort look foolish.

I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.

Vitor's KO defeat to Anderson was embarrassing.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

9. Default

Yeah this guy is totally not a douche nozzle.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post

He doesn't even know how to count because Weidman had two fights not one. Silva did the MMA equivalent of posterizing Belfort. He got savagely beaten by Silva yet thinks its ok to call it embarrassing that someone else was honored for beating him. That is definitely relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.
    That is arguably the most played highlight in the history of MMA. It was on the cover of a goddamn vdeo game for crying out loud anyone going to Best Buy or Walmart and walks through the game section sees it. Its the modern day equivalent of wearing a dunce cap.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information