Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.
    Foolish might be a little much... but the kick came straight down the middle and Vitor pretty much did nothing to avoid/block it. It showed that Anderson was on another level in terms of all around striking at the time.

Point kind of was that Belfort really has no place to be judging Weidman's award considering his past fight history with Anderson. Weidman's back to back wins over Silva are more impressive then what Belfort did in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Yeah this guy is totally not a douche nozzle.

3. Default

Vitor got caught off gaurd from a unexpected move, and was unable to visably make a move to defend it and got knocked out very early in the fight. So yes it made Vitor look like he got tooled in my book.

Vitor noted two fights, he just said the second was an accidental victory of sorts... And I already know how you feel about that.... I don't think it was an accident either. But I don't think losing to silva by KO removes his right to have an opinion lol. Now if he would have said he did a better job against silva, it would have been relevant in my book ... But that's like saying JDS isn't allowed to have an opinion about anything Cain does because he tooled him twice.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Vitor got caught off gaurd from a unexpected move, and was unable to visably make a move to defend it and got knocked out very early in the fight. So yes it made Vitor look like he got tooled in my book.
    I think vitor thought the kick was going low and he clinched up...

At the end of the day, Weidman did what no one else in the UFC has been able to do and that is beat Anderson Silva. He did this not once, but twice, so that is quite an impressive year in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think Anderson made Vitor look "foolish". I mean he knocked him out, but there wasn't much else that made it an embarrassing performance, outside of that face kick. One of them was gonna get knocked out that fight, so it wasn't a big surprise.
    I don't know why you put the word "foolish" in quotation marks because nobody said that.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't know why you put the word "foolish" in quotation marks because nobody said that.
    Actually I did

Weidman beat one of the greatest fighters ever, on one of the greatest streaks ever....TWICE....in a row.....

ViTRTor or Cheator is full of it. He's the Roger Clemens of MMA....except Clemens was never popped as an active player. Excellent talent, but completely tainted second half of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Actually I did
    I'll just got fuck myself then haha.

not embarrassing at all...
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information