Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I'll just got fuck myself then haha.

not embarrassing at all...
    Getting knocked out in a fight isn't embarrassing, it is part of the sport. Getting knocked out by Anderson is the equvilant of getting submitted by Jacare or Maia, hardly embarrassing.

Embarrassing would be something like this..

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Getting knocked out in a fight isn't embarrassing, it is part of the sport. Getting knocked out by Anderson is the equvilant of getting submitted by Jacare or Maia, hardly embarrassing.

Embarrassing would be something like this..
    Howe much the knock out is replayed and marketed is very embarrassing. Is it not embarrassing that Bill Buckner blew the World series by letting the ball go through his legs because errors are a part of baseball?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Meh, I don't remember joe Frazier by getting bounced off the mat by foreman or Lennox Lewis for getting crushed by Rahman or McCall. I remember them being hof fighters who got caught by amazing shots or just got outclassed on a given night. He'll, the foreman ko by Ali is replayed repeatedly and I don't think it's embarrassing nor is it foremans legacy as he beat the shit out of everyone else just like belfort has recently.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Meh, I don't remember joe Frazier by getting bounced off the mat by foreman or Lennox Lewis for getting crushed by Rahman or McCall. I remember them being hof fighters who got caught by amazing shots or just got outclassed on a given night. He'll, the foreman ko by Ali is replayed repeatedly and I don't think it's embarrassing nor is it foremans legacy as he beat the shit out of everyone else just like belfort has recently.
    I never said it is the defining moment of his career but embarrassing none the less.

I guess we just see it differently. I'd hardly call it a dunce cap.

I'll just got fuck myself then haha.

something about Vitor looks different in this photo, i just cant put my finger on what.....

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I guess we just see it differently. I'd hardly call it a dunce cap.
    What do you call it then? The fact that he was on the receiving end of the most replayed and marketed knockout ever in history.

I call it a ko. What do you want here?

He got ko'ed by arguably the goat and it was a highlight reel. Awesome.

Is what vitor did to wandy a dunce cap? Randleman cracking crocop?

No. A dunce cap is representative of public humiliation for stupidity, laziness, or rebelliousness. He hardly fits in any of those spots. He saw a kick and tensed up for it to hit his chest, it came up to the chin as he Leaned in. He got caught. He wasn't clowning. He didn't take a dumb risk. He didn't run in and get suckered.

Any 5 of vitors ko's could have equally been used as covers for games and I would have said the same.

Howe much the knock out is replayed and marketed is very embarrassing. Is it not embarrassing that Bill Buckner blew the World series by letting the ball go through his legs because errors are a part of baseball?
    Actually, there is no embarrassment in Buckner's error. Anyone who knows anything about baseball knows he didn't blow the series, that it was game 6, and the fact that the Sox lost game 7 had nothing to do with that one play. Buckner was a fantastic player who contributed a lot in his time with Boston.

But if your point is that lazy or uneducated people will be happy to jump to conclusions--particularly inaccurate ones--then yes. But it still doesn't make it an embarrassment. It just makes it inaccurate.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Canseco is a better comparison.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information