Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort: Chris Weidman Winning Fighter of the Year Was 'Embarrassing'

Even the most successful people lose. Other people like to point at those losses as a definition of who you are, but really that defines the other person more then it defines the person who had a setback. Why does someone point out a flaw? They always have a motive. Often, their motive is obvious. This applies to anything to do with life and business.

If i've missed it in this thread, my apologies. Is Belfort a US citizen now? I know he's living here but not sure on what type of status. Reason being, he did not win International Fighter of the Year either. Seems he'd take issue with that as well.

I see his point of complaint, he's put up some good wins in spectacular fashion. All PED and stupid ef'in haircut jabs aside, he's had one of the top performances of the year.

Unfortunately, Weidman has walked into the cage with one of the best in the business and walked out twice with the definitive win. And these fights were for the championship title. And that means something more than beating a #3, 4, and/or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    something about Vitor looks different in this photo, i just cant put my finger on what.....
    What ever could you being speaking of?

Was Steven Segal embarrased when he woke up with crap in his pants?

Honestly I thought the fighter of the year award was a toss up between Vitor and Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The more Vitor talks the more i like watching the highlight of AS' front kick down Vitors Main st.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Honestly I thought the fighter of the year award was a toss up between Vitor and Weidman.
    I could certainly see that, but for me, it's a no-brainer.

Belfort had the same chance to beat Anderson as Weidman did. He didn't. And then Chris went out and did it again, even more convincingly.

Even if you're not someone who hates on Vitor for his alleged PED abuse [and for the record, I'm not] you can't compare beating a big chunk of the rest of the field to beating Anderson. Anderson was a giant, and the rest of the field was viewed as midgets in comparison. He was viewed as being on a whole different level. Any fighter he faced would be an underdog. Weidman knocked him out and was still an underdog for the rematch. There are guys who would bet the farm that Anderson would win third fight, if zuffa was dumb enough to book one.

By contrast, Vitor has three solid wins, but all were over guys he was favored to beat. Bisping remains an overrated, under performing cash cow who would be softly-ranked at 9 or 10 [at best] if he faced more top 10 fighters instead of giving him fringe guys after every loss.

In terms of contest, Rockhold was Vitor's biggest win, undeniably. It was a great win, but nothing compared to beating Anderson.

Henderson is a shadow of what he used to be. It's a great win, but it's not like it was a legitimate LHW win. When two aging MW's decide to simply not cut weight for a bout, it's not the same as facing someone like Jones or Goose who is going to come in with cageweight closer to 230 than to 215.

So no...the accomplishments weren't comparable. They wouldn't be comparable even if Vitor had never faced Anderson, and the jury was still out as to whether he'd be a threat. But that story was told already, and we already know the ending.

At this point, Weidman > Belfort. Weidman's accomplishments in 2013 > Vitor's accomplishments in 2013--if not his whole life.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I guess we just see it differently. I'd hardly call it a dunce cap.
    Maybe not a dunce cap, but the fact that Steven Seagal was apparently responsible for the master kick made the hat a little duncey.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Was Steven Segal embarrased when he woke up with crap in his pants?
    Well, seeing that Segal's "secrete move" consisted of grabbing Gene Lebell's nuts, getting choked out anyway, and then shitting his pants... Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I would take Faber over Belfort... he won 4 fights to Vitor's 3 they both had 3 finishes in their fights and all of Faber's win's were top 10's in his division and his opponents were tanked higher overall then Vitor's

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post

What ever could you being speaking of?
    Its gotta be the hair...i mean thats the only OBVIOUS difference between what he looked like then and what he looks like now...right?

Thread Information