+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: UFC shuts down illegal PPV stream, seizes website records and threatens to prosecute

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Exactly, it is not that people are going to start paying if UFC stops piracy. They will simply lose interest in the sport and find something new to watch.
    This, I haven't paid in years and can afford too. Now if they had a channel that cost me an extra 10-15 dollars a month on top of my already over priced bill then they can start making money off me.

As a consumer/viewer, of course I occasionally look for a stream to catch maybe a single fight on a card that interests me. And I think anyone can pretty much agree the frequency and, especially, price of the PPVs are pricing many out of the "every event" purchase market. I used to pay and watch every single one, but between the money and time involved with staying a dedicated fan, i have dropped out quite a bit. That being said, the UFC is a business, and business aimed at making as much money as possible. Just like any other business, their goal is profit. Entertaining and creating fans is simply one method to generate revenue. If was a business owner or held a copyright/patent on a product or utility, and i had to sit by and watch a massive consumer group use my product at no cost...i would fucking lose it. The fact that these guys (Zuffa) are billionaires doesnt mean they should sit by and give their product away for free. I understand the desire to stream the events, i have participated, and i think the current price point for the events is too steep...but Im not naive enough to think the owners are going to just sit back and take it. I would fight, they are fighting. I cant hold that against them. Dana does plenty of other shit to warrant my disdain, protecting his IP and potential revenue wont be one of them.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Good. I hope they throw the book at all of them.
    Sak, you have streamed in the past. Now you are vehemently against it?

Glad I have a UFC Gym local to me and is open to the public to watch PPV events for free

I still say they'd blow up the market if they offered a full "league" pass that offered a relatively discounted package program. I always figured they would do really well with a tiered service which included Fight pass and then allowed for something resembling 99/year with all the free cards, the catalogue, and 2 PPV's of your choice, 199 for 4 PPV, and 299 for 6.

Obviously the PPV companies would have to adapt to the plan and some PPV's would suffer but I'm pretty certain people would absolutely jump at the idea and it would also help them get on par with some of the other sports.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

So the UFC expects fans to pay for UFC170??

Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    So the UFC expects fans to pay for UFC170??
    Of course yes, no less than 60 dollars!!
    And if you don't pay, "Uncle Dana" will bash you at Twitter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Of course yes, no less than 60 dollars!!
    And if you don't pay, "Uncle Dana" will bash you at Twitter.
    60 dollars well worth it!

well is it stealing so I cant hate on the UFC but I also agree that the payment structure needs some revision. I did like how the UFC packaged the last 3 ppv of 2013 i think i paid 100 for the 3 of them that was decent they should do that more often. I also think that if UFC fight pass has a six month agreement they should consider throwing in just one free ppv (excluding only the most stacked cards) that would be a great way retain fans that don't want to steal but won't pay for a weak ppv.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    well is it stealing so I cant hate on the UFC but I also agree that the payment structure needs some revision. I did like how the UFC packaged the last 3 ppv of 2013 i think i paid 100 for the 3 of them that was decent they should do that more often. I also think that if UFC fight pass has a six month agreement they should consider throwing in just one free ppv (excluding only the most stacked cards) that would be a great way retain fans that don't want to steal but won't pay for a weak ppv.
    It would be nice if I would be able to just pay for the individual fights I want to see. The same way you can pay for individual tracks of an album on iTunes. This would also allow the UFC see what exact fights the fans are interested in. Out of the whole UFC170 card, the one I would only go out of my way to watch is Rory/Maia.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information