+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC Replacing KO and Sub of the Night Bonuses with $50K 'Performance' Bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That is really stupid. The one they should've gotten rid of is fight of the night considering the only fighters who can get it are the guys that don't finish. If you dominate a guy into a tko you don't get anything which is stupid in my book.
    FON: Abel Trujillo vs. Jamie Varner; KO: Trujillo
    FON: Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate; SON: Rousey
    FON: Michael McDonald vs. Brad Pickett; SON: Mcdonald
    FON: James Krause vs. Sam Stout; SON: Krause
    FON: Thiago Silva vs. Rafael Cavalcante; KO: Thiago Silva
    FON: Wanderlei Silva vs. Brian Stann; KO: Wanderlei
    FON: Tom Watson vs. Stanislav Nedkov; KO: Watson

this is a simple re-calculating of bonus cash.
    if a PPV has 1 sub but the fight wasnt great before the sub, should the guy be guaranteed 50k?
    I think these are the type of principals that has put this re-branding into effect.

Now these awards are purely subjective, and the money goes where they feel it goes instead of to a finished fight no matter the caliber.

Good on them.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

I've always kind of expected to see a pay scale that was kind of set up as Show/Win/Finish with the finish being like a 10% bonus that would actually encourage ALL fighters to finish fights in order to get paid rather than only reward the ones who "put on a show."

After that, entertainment bonuses could still be passed out and awards given for performance.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

No they shouldn't get the 50k bonus. Especially if it isn't a very good sub.

I like the change because it guarantees 4 bonuses are handed out. Also, on a stinker card with only one good fight they could essentially double up the FOTN bonus by giving those fighters the POTN bonus as well.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Yes, this change is good because now the bonuses won't just be limited to KOs and Subs whereas a performance award can still be given for KOs and Subs (hope that made sense). The Performance of the Night bonus is merely an extension of the KOTN and SOTN. It is a good thing.

Rather have it the old way. It makes those hungry fighters really go out there for that bonus. This "performance of the night" will probably steer towards bigger favorites I think.

I like this change it has the right idea behind it... but have to be worried a bit that if Dana has his way the money will only end up in his personal favorites pockets.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information