Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC not re-signing Gilbert Melendez

@NateDiaz209: They won't interview me because they might get the Truth....

or just because they won't understand what you're saying Nate ^^

They better resign him. The goddamn guy should be champion or former champ (he beat Henderson). Don't wanna see him rot in Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    This is exactly what I thought when I was reading the article. Dana is still butthurt over the GSP affairs it is carrying over into these negotiations. As usual Dana seems to be acting like a spoiled 9 year old and letting it spill out into the media. Hopefully Lorenzo does what Lorenzo does and cleans up Dana's mess.
    "Originally Posted by Sniggles

If you're still friends with GSP, I don't want to be friends with you."

yeap i'm so with you guys this is all Dana fault no one else its Dana being a baby
    Dana should just shut his mouth and pay him what ever he wants to be paid give him as many PPV points he wants fuck they should just give him fight of the night and ko- of the night every time he fights because the UFC will just fall apart with out him.
    Dana should go somewhere else and see if he makes that same amout over at that job right right guys
    stuipd fucking Dana how dare he make a stance on what zuffa whats to pay gil.
    I do wonder who's going to pay more and have better opportunitys for Melendez

It's shit like this that makes the UFC just like fucking Boxing. Dana White IS a boxing promoter. That's who and what he is. He doesn't know the first fucking thing about martial arts other than it's made him a shit ton of money. He will happily fuck over Gilbert to fuck over GSP's manager. Yes he is that petty and yes the Media will eat this shit up. Leaving the demographic who could possibly one day become MMA fans but still think it's a joke, unchallenged regarding that first impression. White's arrogance has been a blessing and a curse for the UFC and MMA as a sport. This is the perfect example of the "curse".
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    As usual Dana seems to be acting like a spoiled 9 year old and letting it spill out into the media

yeap i'm so with you guys this is all Dana fault no one else its Dana being a baby
    Dana should just shut his mouth and pay him what ever he wants to be paid give him as many PPV points he wants fuck they should just give him fight of the night and ko- of the night every time he fights because the UFC will just fall apart with out him.
    Dana should go somewhere else and see if he makes that same amout over at that job right right guys
    I did not say Dana/UFC was incorrect in what he/they want to pay Melendez, I said his approach in taking this to media makes him look like a spoiled 9 year old not getting his way.

Let's face it, the GSP affairs made Dana look really bad on multiple levels and based off his comments with regards to Rodolphe he continues to be very sore about this issue. Obviously Dana is speaking his mind but at the same time there is a way to do business, and then there is a way to try to smear someone and manipulate a situation. If the Melendez camp came out and said this deal wasn't getting done because Dana's ass was hurt, I would consider that to be unprofessional on their behalf. Instead Dana is slinging in the media to get his way, hence my comment.

"Originally Posted by Sniggles

Refusing to negotiate a contract because you are butt hurt is being a baby.

No Gil?.......lame

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Refusing to negotiate a contract because you are butt hurt is being a baby.
    if i'm not mistaken Dana said gilbert better call Lorenzo him self because we are getting no where with his manager and the he Dana was done.
    In the real world thats not being a baby. it's saying I have nothing to negotiate you know my offer. sign or walk and we can see who comes out on top.

if i'm not mistaken Dana said gilbert better call Lorenzo him self because we are getting no where with his manager and the he Dana was done.
    In the real world thats not being a baby. it's saying I have nothing to negotiate you know my offer. sign or walk and we can see who comes out on top.
    Actually, it is childish. Dana either lowballed or refused to sign due to the Gil's manager.

Thread Information