Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evans Injured; Out of UFC 170

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    He's fighting Jimi Manuwa at UFC London (March 8th). Don't think they'll break up that headlining fight.

i forgot how much of a joke that fight is going to be...talk about gift wrapping goose a win.

If this fights not replaced... who is actually paying for UFC 170 with their own actual money? I'm quite curious how this is going to do.

The UFC said the late nature of the injury will mean no replacement fighter will be sought for Cormier, nor will there be a replacement fight added to the event, which now will be complete with 10 fights instead of 11. The UFC did not announce which fight from the preliminary card will move up onto the pay-per-view portion of the show. A welterweight bout between Rory MacDonald and Demian Maia now becomes the co-feature.
    Son of a bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Damn! Damn! Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i forgot how much of a joke that fight is going to be...talk about gift wrapping goose a win.
    yeah, they should have given him a MW instead of someone who is an actual threat.

If Jones was fighting Manuwa, you'd be telling his haters "butbutbut Jimi is 14 and 0 with 14 finishes!..." but since it's Goose, he's a can, amirite?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    But not Chael?
    Nope, it appears to me as though Sonnen is trying to find a way out of the Wandy fight!

But for real, nope, Cormier just did a big and important weight but only to have his fight cancelled. Plus, I think the same Sonnen who showed up for the Evans fight would show up for the Cormier fight. I wonder what Sonnen would have used as an excuse after Cormier beat his ass? Hernia surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I wouldnt be sleeping on Manua. Sure I think Goose is going to win but Manua is no 'gimme' fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    yeah, they should have given him a MW instead of someone who is an actual threat.

If Jones was fighting Manuwa, you'd be telling his haters "butbutbut Jimi is 14 and 0 with 14 finishes!..." but since it's Goose, he's a can, amirite?

rh
    But, but... Sonnen is a LHW now.

Despite Sonnen's offer, Evans vs. Cormier rebooking targeted for UFC 172
    Unfortunately, though, it appears no such scenario will happen on short notice. In fact, according to the L.A. Times’ Lance Pugmire, UFC CEO Lorenzo Ferttita wants to keep the Evans vs. Cormier fight intact and is likely to rebook it for UFC 172.

The event takes place April 26 at Maryland’s Baltimore Arena. UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Glover Teixeira headline the PPV card. Coincidentally, Johnson also is booked for the card; he’s slated to fight 205-pound contender Phil Davis.

Fuck. I hate when this shit happens. I really wanted to see this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnja View Post
    If this fights not replaced... who is actually paying for UFC 170 with their own actual money? I'm quite curious how this is going to do.
    I know I'm not going to it wasn't a great card to begin with. Hard to Justify spending 60 bucks on this when the Fox cards are much better

Jon Jones (c) vs. Glover Teixeira
    Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
    Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Tim Elliott
    Yancy Medeiros vs. Joe Ellenberger
    Max Holloway vs. Andre Fili
    Jessamyn Duke vs. Bethe Correia
    Jim Miller vs. Bobby Green

add in Evans/Cormier and that is a pretty stacked card
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Jon Jones (c) vs. Glover Teixeira
    Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
    Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Boetsch
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Joseph Benavidez vs. Tim Elliott
    Yancy Medeiros vs. Joe Ellenberger
    Max Holloway vs. Andre Fili
    Jessamyn Duke vs. Bethe Correia
    Jim Miller vs. Bobby Green

add in Evans/Cormier and that is a pretty stacked card
    That is very unfair to Cormier who made a huge weight cut to have him keep cutting for another two plus months.

Thread Information