+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Evans Injured; Out of UFC 170

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That is very unfair to Cormier who made a huge weight cut to have him keep cutting for another two plus months.
    Unless he's looking to move to LHW permanently. In that case, it works in his favor. He has time to stabilize his walk around weight and achieve a normalized lower weight to actually make the cut from. It could have great implications for improved cardio, too...

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

So bummed... I wanted to see Rashad put a whoopin on Cormier.

edit: Looks like it still on, I just have to wait a bit longer.
    Last edited by 0mega1; 02-13-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    yeah, they should have given him a MW instead of someone who is an actual threat.

If Jones was fighting Manuwa, you'd be telling his haters "butbutbut Jimi is 14 and 0 with 14 finishes!..." but since it's Goose, he's a can, amirite?

rh
    no but a fighter in the top 10 of the division would be nice. not #1 contender vs softly ranked #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

I wouldnt be sleeping on Manua. Sure I think Goose is going to win but Manua is no 'gimme' fight.

But, but... Sonnen is a LHW now.
    1 vs 11. its a fucking joke. And if only Jones faught Chael when he was a MW.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    no but a fighter in the top 10 of the division would be nice. not #1 contender vs softly ranked #11.

1 vs 11. its a fucking joke. And if only Jones faught Chael when he was a MW.
    Manuwa is reallllly underrated, I think the purpose of this fight is to build his name with either a win or an impressive performance. Just because he is ranked 11 doesn't mean he isn't better than guys who are ranked ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Sure.

It would also be nice if the champion wants to fight the very best available, and when he's gifted a controversial decision, insists on a rematch to actually prove he's a better fighter. There are a lot of things that would be nice, isn't there?

1 vs 11. its a fucking joke.
    Yeah, 1 vs. 11. It's almost as bad as the actual champ fighting...oh, wait, what was chael ranked when Jones fought him? 100th? 200th? How many professional LHW MMA fighters are there on the planet? It must be nice to get such a gift-wrapped bout, amirite?

And if only Jones faught Chael when he was a MW.
    You do realize that a fighter who simply doesn't cut weight to make 205 doesn't equate to a fighter who cuts weight, right? And one that has something like 15 inches of length advantage over him?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Manuwa is reallllly underrated, I think the purpose of this fight is to build his name with either a win or an impressive performance. Just because he is ranked 11 doesn't mean he isn't better than guys who are ranked ahead of him.
    How do you overrate a guy who has 3 wins in the UFC and 2 of them coming from his opponent hurting their leg...not to mention all 3 of those guys are no names. He doesnt deserve this fight, its a gift fight for Goose to not risk the Jones / Goose rematch that will happen after both of their wins.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Chael doesnt need a way out of the Wandy fight, he already beat him during training. Was Thiago Silva set to fight someone? What about Cormier vs whoever that was? Sucks that it happened so close to the fight
    Believe in the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Sure.

It would also be nice if the champion wants to fight the very best available, and when he's gifted a controversial decision, insists on a rematch to actually prove he's a better fighter. There are a lot of things that would be nice, isn't there?

Yeah, 1 vs. 11. It's almost as bad as the actual champ fighting...oh, wait, what was chael ranked when Jones fought him? 100th? 200th? How many professional LHW MMA fighters are there on the planet? It must be nice to get such a gift-wrapped bout, amirite?

You do realize that a fighter who simply doesn't cut weight to make 205 doesn't equate to a fighter who cuts weight, right? And one that has something like 15 inches of length advantage over him?

rh
    Jones vs Sonnen was a joke, but who Jones has fought is irrelevant and has no bearing on the legitimacy of Goose's next fight. Rank #11 vs #1 should never happen.

I certainly give Chael credit for wanting to step in on short notice. Kinda glad it won't happen though, since it could effect his fight with Wanderlei.

172 looks even better with Rashad/DC added. It would certainly be worth purchasing now.

Good doesn't have a gimmie fight against Manuwa. And he was tapped as a replacement after Lil Nog was injured. I think it's a more dangerous fight for him since it's someone who is being kind of written off. I expect a great fight. Manuwa may not win, but he'll definitely put up a hell of a fight.

Default Knee Injury That Knocked Rashad Evans Out of UFC 170 Will Likely Need Surgery

Knee Injury That Knocked Rashad Evans Out of UFC 170 Will Likely Need Surgery

While the initial belief was that former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans would be out of action for about four weeks to rest the injured knee that forced him out of the UFC 170 co-main event with Daniel Cormier, Evans is not that lucky.

He will now be sidelined much longer. Evans reportedly needs surgery.

UFC president Dana White in a Thursday luncheon with members of the media said that Evans was executing a throw in training and got his foot caught up in the mat, which caused the knee injury that forced him out of the fight.

Cormier will now welcome newcomer Patrick Cummins to the Octagon at UFC 170, while Evans goes back to the drawing board.

The initial expectation was for Evans to sit out for a few weeks and rest his knee, but White said that further examination indicates that he needs surgery that will put him out of action for much longer than initially anticipated.

White did not give a definitive timeline for Evans’ return
    Sucks that Rashad might be on the shelf for a while. I really wanted to see him versus DC.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information