Thread: Jones challenges Lauzon to grappling match....

Default Jones challenges Lauzon to grappling match....

Jones challenges Lauzon to grappling match
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...appling-match/
    Tonight UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones challenged lightweight fighter Joe Lauzon to a jiu-jitsu match, with his hands tied together:

Hey somebody tell @JoeLauzon i'd beat him in a jujitsu match with my hands taped closed

read official Twitter...

Lauzon was quick to respond, immediately accepting the challenge:

@JonnyBones this can be arranged!
    Lauzon and Jones continued a friendly banter back and forth on Twitter, so I don't think the challenge was meant unkindly. Jones suggested a charity event and then attempted to back down and offer Phil Davis as a replacement. Lauzon then called the champion out on calling out a lightweight then backing out. Which of course made Jones accept.

It looks like this is just two guys having fun with each other, but it could be interesting. UFC champion versus one of the lightweights most exciting submission fighters in a gi, with the champions hands taped together.

but it could be interesting. UFC champion versus one of the lightweights most exciting submission fighters in a gi, with the champions hands taped together.
    That is not interesting, that is retarded, even if it is just for fun.
    I wonder if Jones one day will finally grow up, at least a little bit. He is already 26, and he still acts like a teen.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    That is not interesting, that is retarded, even if it is just for fun.
    I wonder if Jones one day will finally grow up, at least a little bit. He is already 26, and he still acts like a teen.
    yeah, damn these two guys for being friends and having some fun on twitter!! Grow the fuck up!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    yeah, damn these two guys for being friends and having some fun on twitter!! Grow the fuck up!!
    *Pashak accent* In Russia, friends drink vodka until they cannot walk. Twitter is for pussy Americans.

I do not like alcohol, and I hate all the russian fucktards that drink so much, and because of them, Russia has the fame of being a country where everybody drinks 2 bottles of vodka everyday.
    I hate all the idiots that give Russia such a crappy reputation by making really stupid things. (Like putting 10 toilets together in a room for the Olympic Games).
    I do not know if their brain is frozen or what is the deal.

Shame that Russia, being a country that historically is one of the greatest, being a country that has so many talented people in many professions, being a country that has so many wonderful things, is viewed as a land of drunk weirdos that can not drive at all, that all the time are drinking, that hate gays, that hate everything and everybody, and is full of prostitutes.
    It is a big shame that a country like that has such a crappy reputation.

I am not against Twitter, I am against the way it is used by some fighters.
    One thing is to use it to write and show interesting stuff (Training pictures and videos, updates about some fight etc etc), and another one is to use it for absolute foolish things like this one.

If you are a public figure, an example for many people, if you are so damn famous, you can not act like some 15 year old dummy.
    Not because some other famous people have acted in a very lame way, it means that it is OK and that everybody should do the same thing.
    Last edited by Pasha K; 02-16-2014 at 03:09 AM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    If you are a public figure, an example for many people, if you are so damn famous, you can not act like some 15 year old dummy.
    Not because some other famous people have acted in a very lame way, it means that it is OK and that everybody should do the same thing.
    I'm curious have you never joked around with friends and acquaintances in your life about who was better at sports (or something of that nature)? Cause pretty much everybody else has at some point in their lifes

That's all these guys are doing... just because they are pro athletes doesn't mean they aren't entitled to share a harmless joke that really should matter to no one but themselves.

Must live life super srs.

Every nation has an unwelcomed reputation; its not something they get to choose. Americans arw are dumb/wasteful and love guns, Canadians use maple syrup for lube/hairgel, Germans love to shit/piss on eachother, Chinese always blame Mongolians for their shitty wall defects, Russians dont have a sense of humor, and British people have to deal with FCK.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information