+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva Upgraded to Main Event, Moves to UFC Event in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    I wish Sonnen would just go away.

I admit his on the mic antics and pre fight banter are awsome for hype and entertainment but when he gets in the cage he just looks like an old man who wants his cheque.
    Aside from the Rashad fight(where that clearly seemed like the case) I don't think Sonnen is just there for the check.

Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip

I wish Sonnen would just go away.

I admit his on the mic antics and pre fight banter are awsome for hype and entertainment but when he gets in the cage he just looks like an old man who wants his cheque.
    Not sure which Sonnen fights you are watching. I hope he works his way back to a middleweight title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Not sure which Sonnen fights you are watching. I hope he works his way back to a middleweight title shot.
    Dont hold your breath.

With the new TRT ban, I dont see Sonnen fighting much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dont hold your breath.

With the new TRT ban, I dont see Sonnen fighting much longer.
    Really? I see him getting another mw tittle shot within 3 fights when dropping back down to mw. Thats at least another 2 to 3 yrs. And if he captures the tittle he will try to defend it at least once and if he succeeds than another. So I see him fighting at least another 4 to 5 yrs which ain't bad considering he'd be at least 40 if this pans out.

If he don't work his way to the tittle then yea I give him 2 more yrs. But that won't be due to not being able to use trt. It'll be because he'll call it quits cause he won't be champion.

However this is chael amd he'll get the shot one way or another

I wonder if he ever thought he could actually beat A.Silva or he just knew a good angle when he saw it.

He was probably in round four thinking "shit, this is really happen'... oh... nevermind"

Quote Originally Posted by killakem1 View Post
    Really? I see him getting another mw tittle shot within 3 fights when dropping back down to mw. Thats at least another 2 to 3 yrs. And if he captures the tittle he will try to defend it at least once and if he succeeds than another. So I see him fighting at least another 4 to 5 yrs which ain't bad considering he'd be at least 40 if this pans out.

If he don't work his way to the tittle then yea I give him 2 more yrs. But that won't be due to not being able to use trt. It'll be because he'll call it quits cause he won't be champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by killakem1 View Post

Not happening. Sonnen wont even sniff another belt.

As Chael said himself, if he does not take TRT he will die!

"I don't have an option. I either take this medicine or die." - Chael P. Sonnen.

Chael without TRT retires by this time next year.

Chael Sonnen explains downside of TRT ban, says his 'life is better' due to usage

Yahoo Sports spoke with Sonnen recently after Nevada's decision to end all TUEs for it. Sonnen conceded he'll be in a quandary if he is forced to compete without his medication.

"It puts me in a spot, because medically, I do need testosterone," Sonnen said. "I have to look at this carefully, but they made no bones about it: It's out. We all have to deal with that, whether we like it or not."

Sonnen did not directly address how he would handle his upcoming fight against Wanderlei Silva in Brazil.

Sonnen's TRT usage first came to light in California in 2010 after UFC 117, when he came within minutes of defeating Anderson Silva for the middleweight title. After the fight, the California commission announced that Sonnen's testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio was 16.9:1, more than four times its legal limit of 4:1.
    "The best way to describe is that it is a completely terrible, horrible feeling," Sonnen said. "This is a medicine and it's medicine I need to live normally on a day-to-day basis. People say it is a performance enhancer, and there are a lot of things guys can take to enhance performance. But testosterone is more than a performance enhancer for me. It is a life enhancer.

"My life is better. My attitude is better. I have more energy. I need less sleep. It makes me feel better in many different regards. It makes me a better husband and a better neighbor and a better pet owner. I understand the abuse, but this is a medicine that helps people with a problem."
    "No one is telling anyone not to take their medicine," said Pat Lundvall, a member of the Nevada Athletic Commission. "If you have a condition and medicine has been prescribed to you by your doctor, then by all means, you should take your medication.

"But that doesn't mean you can come to us and ask us to change our rules for you. We as a commission looked carefully at this issue and have decided we're no longer going to hand out [a TUE for TRT]. We're not encouraging or telling anyone not to take medicine they need. But we've made it pretty clear now what our stance on this issue is."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.

I wonder how this will affect the TUF season. The coaches always fight at the end. If Chael truly can't go without TRT, then he's out. Right?
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    "magic's just science we don't understand yet." Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    I wonder how this will affect the TUF season. The coaches always fight at the end. If Chael truly can't go without TRT, then he's out. Right?
    I wont be one bit surprised if Sonnen drops out of the Wanderlei fight 'due to an injury'.

Cat my phones being horrible stupid so can't reply with a quote.

Yes chael has stated he'd die without trt, however thats him being very over dramatic. With the article you used he basically recanted that statement and went on saying he'd live a horrible life without it.

I personally beleive that he does not suffer from hypogonadism. He found a family doc that is hundred miles from his home to come in and look Damn foolish and say "yea he has it". That doctor is now no longer in practice (don't know for how long).and yes the doctor for the commision started that chael may suffer from it, however chael never underwent studies (from what I found and read) with said doctor so I dont know how credible that statement is.

Chael is basically saying is life is better due to usage and not that it enhances his performance (imo more energy doesnt necessary count as an enhancer. Just means he'll have to change his training to shorter sessions over a longer period of time). What I was saying is chael will challenge himself to try and fight with out it. So really isn't far fetched saying he'd fight for another 2 plus yrs. Just like it isn't far fetched he might pull out of the fight due to the issue.

I am a huge chael fan and want to see him fight. Maybe its the fan in me to see all this play out but realistically this is a devoted athlete that has made his life off what he does and enjoys it. I give him the benefit of the doubt like I do with vitor and any other of these athletes that fight for a living

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information