Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 224

Thread: Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva Upgraded to Main Event, Moves to UFC Event in Brazil

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    With the first A.Silva fight Chael talked his way into my heart.

    With this 'shit-on-Wandy's-career' he just talked his way out again.

    We know that the Japanese tried to build him with a few dodgy tactics but PRIDE Wanderlei is a legend that deserves paise and respect.

    If you can't see that you shouldn't call yourself a fan of this sport.
    Agree! I love CHael but he is pretty much in denial that PRIDE was a legit org and probably better than the UFC at the tim so he proceeds to shit on it all the time. Chael would have lost first round in the 2005 middleweight grand prix.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,342

    Default

    TUF Brazil 3 recap: Wanderlei Silva blasts Chael Sonnen for using poor children in his jokes to 'make a few bucks'
    Wanderlei Silva is mad.

    Not because Chael Sonnen called him a stupid immigrant who shares a bed with the Nogueira brothers, or because he referred to "The Axe Murderer" as a "walking punchline," but rather because "The American Gangster" will go to any lengths to promote himself as a mixed martial arts (MMA) star.

    Even if it means laughing at homeless children.


    "This guy offended us. He called my country a jungle and said we don't even have internet. He called our women whores. To say things and then say it's only promotion doesn't work. The guy makes jokes about homeless children. We walk in Sao Paulo and see the children in the streets and it's painful. You use poor children in your jokes to make a few extra bucks? Be a man! To use other people's poverty to promote yourself is not right."

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,342

    Default

    Cung Le ready for Wanderlei Silva rematch if TRT ban ousts Chael Sonnen from 'Axe Murderer' fight in Brazil
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/10/54...-bails-trt-mma
    Appearing on a recent edition of "The MMA Hour," Le says that should Chael Sonnen -- for whatever reason -- be forced to bow out of his scheduled fight against Silva on May 31, 2014, then he'll gladly throw his hat into the cage as a late replacement.

    His words:

    "If Chael gets hurt, or decides that he's not ready for the Wanderlei fight, I'll throw in my hat. I would love another shot. I have a lot of respect for him. I grew up watching all of his fights in PRIDE. And to fight him, I feel like I didn't fight a good fight and I know I can do a lot better."

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    gresham oregon
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Cung Le ready for Wanderlei Silva rematch if TRT ban ousts Chael Sonnen from 'Axe Murderer fight in Brazil
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/10/54...-bails-trt-mma
    Good for le. I like the respect he shows. However I dont see chael pulling form this fight.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    7,299

    Default

    How did Chael use homeless children in a joke?
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    How did Chael use homeless children in a joke?
    Didn't he say something a while back about homeless kids in Brazil playing with mud?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,342

    Default

    Wandy talking about Sonnen's toupee:

    http://www.tatame.com.br/
    "You know no way his hair real, I feel it like brush my wife she sweep floor with you no, like is how you say toupee, A real man not have fake hair, a real man is natural you know, no make up like a girl you know, I believe in being the way God intended not this look like someone else you know"

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,377

    Default

    I don't' think it's a toupee. Dye job, for sure. But not a toupee.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.



  9. Default

    "You know no way his hair real, I feel it like brush my wife she sweep floor with you no, like is how you say toupee, A real man not have fake hair, a real man is natural you know, no make up like a girl you know, I believe in being the way God intended not this look like someone else you know"
    Didn't he have plastic surgery...?

    ------------------

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Didn't he have plastic surgery...?

    Yup, but I dont think it was for cosmetic purposes. Wandy said it was to remove and rework some of the scarred tissue which was causing him so many cuts. I think Diaz got the same procedure done?

    Sonnen may have hair plugs or some shit but no way a toupee would stay attached in a fight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •