Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva Upgraded to Main Event, Moves to UFC Event in Brazil

But he had to sucker punch or he would be a coward for not sucker punching.

Thats the flawed logic of todays assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    just watched the fight and had to get on the net to tell everyone how big a pussy andre dida is..
    As much as I loved him back in the day I sadly must agree.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I believe it was real only because I believe that Wandy cant hold his own with Chael when it comes to trash talk. I imagine Wandy got frustrated and resorted to what he knows, fighting. I also think Wandy probably pictured things going a little different when he decided to engage. I do have to agree that it was odd no one got involved until after they actually started fighting though.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Just watched it on youtube - seems real to me, Wanderlei is actually that messed up in the head - too much circuit training with a scuba mask strapped to his face. Nobody got involved sooner because it was prime footage having them jaw back and forth. It took a while to seperate them because guys from one team were pushing against guys from the other team.

Look at the 2:00 mark, Wanderlei is throwing elbows to the skull with bad intentions - doubt that was planned. Chael is going to demolish him as long as he stays disciplined. He'll have easy submissions to take, but I think he'll want to punish him with ground and pound for a while first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo2_iY0_x3Y

I can't imagine anyone watching that and thinking it was anything but a work. But to each, his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    But he had to sucker punch or he would be a coward for not sucker punching.

Thats the flawed logic of todays assholes.
    Anyone who has ever sucker punched anyone, at any time, is a fucking asshole.

I'll never get the logic where being "the third man in" is somehow considered masculine, or anything but bullshit. It not only is the exact opposite of being a man, it also emasculates the guy you are trying to protect...if he was a man, he'd fight his own fight one on one.

It's weak. It's always weak. Every time.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Damn the video was removed anyway I can still see it lol

Never mind I got it.

Dida is a fuckin pussy. Bet you he wouldn't swing at Chael standing face to face. Idk how I feel about it being staged, Silva actually swung with an open hand not a fist. Hard to believe it wasn't staged

I am absolutely the minority on this, but I've never thought much of Wanderlei. He's an all time great fighter, but I just don't think a whole lot of his personality. I don't know if he's in on the Sonnen show or not, as I have not watched this season of TUF. I was rubbed the wrong way from the whole van incident. I had many arguments on here about it. A lot of people viewed it as him "punking" Sonnen, but what was Sonnen supposed to do? Get into a fight with a guy on crutches, in a moving vehicle? Of course not. Sonnen for all of he's nonsense, handled that in the very best way possible. Wanderlei either was smart enough to know he could talk shit, with no retaliation, or dumb enough to not care if he found himself in a one legged fight. When I pointed this out in the past, I, of course, was met with "Wanderlei is an animal! He'll fight Sonnen with no arms, legs, or a torso!". I guess I respect that to a degree, if true, but that's a little too stupid for my taste. I don't believe that was the case though. I believe he knew he had a free pass to say what he wanted without retaliation. I believe he knew he could even play off he's whole "I'm a crazy guy, so if you run your mouth back, I will hit you" wild man reputation, and while that is incredibly intelligent, it makes him worse than Sonnen (from a trash talking standpoint).

Riv is right about the sucker punch stuff.
    USA! USA! USA!

Andre Dida says he punched Chael Sonnen to stop brawl with Wanderlei Silva
    "I’m a trainer and I have my own gym, and I tell people to never do something like this," Dida told MMAFighting.com. "My intention was to separate them, but I had to do something. I acted by pure instinct. Sonnen has a bad reputation in Brazil, he talks trash about everybody, so it’s complicated to regret (what I did). I couldn’t let Wanderlei Silva in a situation like that."

Dida, a former K-1 fighter with a 6-4-1 record in MMA, was Silva’s assistant muay thai coach during TUF: Brazil 3, but never expected that something like that would happen on the show.

"I know Wanderlei Silva for a long time," he said. "I know how he thinks. I never imagined that they would fight (during the reality show) when they invited me to coach, but I knew that something would happen. At the beginning of the reality show, Wanderlei Silva argued with Sonnen and pushed him back, but I never thought something worse than that would happen."

"The coaches were behind the door when they both started to argue at the weigh-ins," he continued. "I know Wanderlei Silva and I saw that he was getting ready to fight, so we all run in their direction. My intention was to get Wanderlei out of there, but everything happened so fast. When I got closer to them, Sonnen took him down.

"My intention was to separate them, but I saw that Sonnen was trying to punch him, so in my mind I realized I needed to get Sonnen out of there as fast as possible to make him stop punching Wanderlei. I would never let Wanderlei Silva in a bad situation in front of me. I punched Sonnen to make him stop, but he didn’t. (The other coaches) tried to get me out of there, but I came back and punched him again. I just wanted to get Sonnen out of there."

Criticized for his actions, Dida says he just wanted to defend his teammate.

"Many people called me a coward, but that’s not true. I would be a coward if I did nothing," he said. "I was watching someone that I admire since I was 13 in a bad situation, so I had to do something. My body told me to punch him to make them stop fighting.

"I was hoping that Sonnen would stand up and fight me. I wanted to get him off Wanderlei, and now people call me a coward. Imagine that you’re in a situation like that. You’re in a supermarket and when you get back, someone in on top of your mother, your brother, your sister. Your instinct tells you to stop him as fast as possible. I did the same thing with Wanderlei Silva as soon as I saw that (Sonnen) was trying to hurt him."

Dida is still allowed to coach his fighters in the UFC. He was at Godofredo Pepey’s corner in his first-round KO victory over Noad Lahat at the UFC Fight Night card in Natal, Brazil, in March, but needs to control his behavior from now on.

"I had to sign a deal agreeing that I would never get involved in something like that in the UFC anymore, or I’ll get banned from the corner," he said. "What happened in the show, died in there. If something worse happened to Sonnen, maybe they would make another decision about it."

I always punch somebody to calm shit down. It's how I roll.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information