Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva Upgraded to Main Event, Moves to UFC Event in Brazil

Coach: Chael Wand brawl was 'orchestrated' by production
    According to TUF Brazil 3 coach Jamie Huey, White's criticism of the producers was accurate, as it was the producers who set it up.

“I’ll kind of break something here, that’s not really a story being told," Huey said to TalkingBrawl's Niall McGrath. "Everybody wants to know if that was a set up. Not in regards to Chael or Wanderlei. Kind of something that was being said and done. Which I thought was… production had told Wanderlei, and you can see it after the brawl, Wanderlei goes up to our team and Warlley Alves specifically and says you guys need to watch out for this guy. He’s talking shit about your own team.

"Now production had been telling Wanderlei that Chael had been saying things about our team negatively when they weren’t around. Wanderlei got uh, he was a little, you know, offended by that. It wasn’t true but it was basically something that was said (by) production to Wanderlei to kind of strike up a reaction. I don’t think they thought it was going to go the extreme that it did. And were all being held back on the other side of the door, not knowing what's going on.

"We're getting ready to go to the weigh ins, and the next thing Warlley, Pazzone, and a few other guys bust through the door. I think Dida might have been the first guy to go through the door. And that's when the fight took place. I think it was something that was set up to get a reaction, but inadvertently, nobody knew it was going to go to the extent that it did. I am glad nobody got hurt seriously though."

Huey was asked directly if he believes the production set it up.

“Oh, I know it was," said Huey. "I went out to dinner with a couple of guys and they admitted that it was something that was orchestrated.”

2. Default

This should get interesting. Possible lawsuit? Who knows.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

3. Default

Wanderlei Silva calls Chael Sonnen a racist: 'He doesn’t deserve our respect'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/22...onnen-a-racist

Chael Sonnen is surprisingly becoming the good guy during The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3, but Wanderlei Silva wants to get his fellow Brazilians to support him at UFC 175.

Since the beginning of the reality show, Silva has demanded Sonnen apologize for all the bad things he has said in the past about Brazil, but the American fighter always declined. Less than 30 percent of 60 thousand fans plan to cheer for Silva after his assistant Andre Dida punched Sonnen during the infamous brawl at the reality show, according to a poll from Brazilian website UOL.

Silva wants the support back, and he’s using Sonnen’s quotes against Brazil to get it. In his most recent Instagram post, Silva showed an interview that Sonnen gave to MMA Fighting in 2012.

Right after a submission victory over Brian Stann at UFC 136, Sonnen had this to say about the possibility of fighting Anderson Silva in Brazil.

"If they sell 100,000 tickets I hope they put them in a nice ball, turn them sideways and shove them straight up their a--, that’s what they can do with the Brazilian crowd."
    In his post, Silva called Sonnen a "racist," explaining that his actions during the show were fueled by Sonnen’s previous statements.

"This guy is a racist and he doesn’t deserve our respect," Silva wrote on his Instagram page. "I wouldn’t be mad (at him) if I had no reasons to be. This is just one of the things he said about us.

"Now, if you want to cheer for him be my guest, you deserve my respect," Silva wrote. "I don’t agree with him and I think we should be united this time. We’re stronger together."
    Originally planned to take place in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on May 31, Silva vs. Sonnen match-up was moved to UFC’s show in Las Vegas, Nev., on July 5, after the Brazilian got injured in the brawl with Sonnen.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I can't wait until this over
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Chael Sonnen on TRT ban: ‘My panic is going away, and I'm seeing some optimism’
    "I do feel a little bit different but I feel very encouraged with the new path we're taking," Sonnen told Fox Sports. "I'm feeling more positive than panicked. At first, I felt panic. My panic is going away, and I'm seeing some optimism, but I'm not through it yet."

Sonnen also divulged into his reasons for calling out former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin. He gave a classic "bad guy" statement, which included a detailed storyline where he would have been champion years ago had Franklin given him a shot at the title. Now out for revenge, Sonnen hopes to get the marquee match-up with the former math teacher, who has just one fight left on his UFC contract.

"Here the bottom line: Rich Franklin has one fight left. I would've been world champion. Way back when Rich held that belt, I would've whipped his ass back then. I would've been the world champion but I couldn't get my opportunity, and I'm still mad about it. I would've been the PRIDE champion but I couldn't get into PRIDE. I could've beaten all of those guys for years. I could've held the belt in either organization for years, and I couldn't even get my shot.

"So, if Rich only has one fight left, if there's anybody that disputes what I just said, including him; if there's anybody that questions that Chael Sonnen was the greatest 185-pounder to ever live, then please, Mr. Franklin, give me that one last fight that you have under your contract."

6. Default

Im almost beginning to wish they would allow TRT back in MMA, but ban microphones.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I can't wait until this over
    Same here and not because I have any particular interest in seeing this fight

Between this and the whole"4 horsewomen" bullshit, the ufc is starting to get really pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Im almost beginning to wish they would allow TRT back in MMA, but ban microphones.
    haha I would not be opposed to that.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information