Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva Upgraded to Main Event, Moves to UFC Event in Brazil

1. Default

It's easy to say why no one broke it up sooner, but in reality it all happened fairly quickly. Not a lot of reaction time between the initial shove and the double leg.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

It would kinda be funny if they never fought because they fought.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I want to believe you are just being funny since you've mentioned this a few times now. But I'm sure any security that Chael had while in Brazil, was all off camera, moving him from location to location than on camera.
    Do you watch the TUF shows much?

You can alway see security lurking in the background.

I remember Dana saying they would have to set up top notch security for Sonnen to coach in Brazil. Dana mentioned even contenders being a possible threat due to Sonnen's disrespect towards Brazil and pointed to the TUF fan who tried to attack Sonnen at a live event as an example. Although, in my quick google search, I could not find a link to this so I could just be talking shit.

Meltzer has been saying some very interesting things regarding ZUFFA and Chael being both unsure of whether or not Wand will actually be fighting and they're working on a backup match with Rich Franklin just in case.

Silva thanks Dida for defending him in brawl
    Although Dida recently admitted his actions were wrong, he did say he believe he acted in the moment in defense of a friend. Today Wanderlei Silva released a statement on Facebook defending the actions of his friend:

Silva recognizes that Dida’s behavior was "wrong", but believes he had the "right motivation" when he jumped in to punch Sonnen.

"Who has a friend stays with him until the end," Silva wrote. "The action was wrong but with the right motivation to defend a brother. I thank you, Andre Dida, for your loyalty, because it would have been much easier to do nothing. We know that you did what you did in the heat of the moment, without thinking about it, in defensive instinct.

"We met each other when we were 12 and I was like your older brother, and we’ve been through many things together. We got together after you became one of my coaches and we fight together ever since."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Do you watch the TUF shows much?

You can alway see security lurking in the background.

I remember Dana saying they would have to set up top notch security for Sonnen to coach in Brazil. Dana mentioned even contenders being a possible threat due to Sonnen's disrespect towards Brazil and pointed to the TUF fan who tried to attack Sonnen at a live event as an example. Although, in my quick google search, I could not find a link to this so I could just be talking shit.
    You're right I remember that too. However, I think there was some genuineness to it. I doubt Wand would get into a fake fight while elbowing a guy in the head. Security has let guys legitimately fight on TUF before so I can see them letting it go for ratings sake.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

After watching the whole episode and the brawl many times, I am changing my mind and I will give the benefit of the doubt and will consider that it was real.

I am a big fan of Wanderlei but it was him who started the brawl.
    He was with his "Now, let's do it Now. Now! Now!!" and Chael was like "Stop it. Just stop. You have to stop". Sonnen was the first who made contact but it was Wanderlei who started the fight.

Another shameful moment was how proud was Dida. He was holding Sonenn's t shirt as if he was holding some belt or trophy. He was so proud of his 2 or 3 sucker punches.
    "Oh I landed 2 good ones, it was so awesome to punch him, his face is all deformed" (Despite that Sonnen just had a little superficial cut on his forehead).

Now let's not pretend that Sonnen is a very good guy and Wand is a monster. Both of them acted like little children. Sonnen was also teasing Wand and making fun of him.
    But Wand showed that he can not control his emotions, and Dida showed the same thing.

It is very incongruent when at their GYM they probably tell their students everyday that they should never fight in the streets, that Martial Arts should be used only in self defense and only if you really can not avoid the fight. And then they go and do that.

As for Dana, well he is the biggest liar and hypocrite ever. He encourages fighters to talk shit to eachother, so for him this whole incident is not bad at all. Because now every MMA fan is talking about it and people will get more interested in their fight.
    Obviously he will not say in public that he is happy because of the brawl, he will say that it was disgraceful and all that stuff. But in his mind he is happy because he knows that the incident will bring him a lot of money.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

8. Default

Let's go back in time to when people wanted Chael to fight Wandy in a van, when Wandy just had knee surgery. That's all, just wanted to revisit that.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

No one ever wanted Chael to fight Wand in the van. It was just hilarious how Chael was talking smack left and right everywhere, and when Wanderlei confronted him, Chael suddenly became all shy and quiet.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information