Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Remains on UFC 170, Meets Newcomer Patrick Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    This is a late replacement though the other was scheduled from the get go if I'm not mistaken.
    Nope. Mousasi was supposed to fight Goose who got injured and replaced by Lafiti.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Nope. Mousasi was supposed to fight Goose who got injured and replaced by Lafiti.
    Yeah I have no idea how I forgot that it was like a few days before.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Very interesting turn of events. For Cormier, this is a lose-lose situation. Cummins was a strong prospect given his wrestling background and Cormier is unlikely to blow through him. Thus, if Cormier doesn't look fantastic or manages to lose, his stock drops. Also, Cummins was a training partner of Cormier so it's very unlikely that he will be intimidated (side note: I don't believe that he made Cormier cry in training; those are BS statements usually).

Not good at all. Can't believe this is still a co-main event.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    someone was talking about a #1 contender fighting #11... what about #2 fighting someone brand new...
    that was me, and its horse shit - especially since Chael offered to step up...at least he is ranked. Wanna know what is even more horse shit, when the fast track DC to a title shot after beating this can. Mark my words i can pretty much guarantee thats whats going to happen after this fight and the jones fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    that was me, and its horse shit - especially since Chael offered to step up...at least he is ranked. Wanna know what is even more horse shit, when the fast track DC to a title shot after beating this can. Mark my words i can pretty much guarantee thats whats going to happen after this fight and the jones fight.
    Fan boys believing Sonnen ever thought he even had a chance at Cormier is horse shit. Sonnen isnt stupid and is fully aware of the money, time and media put into TUF Brazil, Chael knew he could talk some shit and the fight would never materialize. Win win for Chael to say he would take the fight, fan boys love it, Sonnen is confident the fight wont happen and all is good in the world of the UFC promo machine.

Who cares if DC is fast tracked to a fight, Jones doesnt think he has a chance, you claim he doesnt have a chance, what is everyone so worried about? You cant blame DC for Evans injury.

UFC Quick Quote: If Jon Jones moves up to heavyweight, he gets beat up by Cain Velasquez

"If he (Jones) wants to go up to heavyweight, then he can go up there and get beat up by Cain. That's the only thing that's going to happen. There will never be a two belt type of thing because I don't think any of these guys will beat Velasquez."

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has flirted with the idea of eventually moving up to heavyweight once he feels his work in the 205-pound division is done. Should that be the case, then a "super fight" against a big name like division champion Cain Velasquez (sorry, Chris Weidman) is what "Bones" has in his sights. Of course, before an eventual jump in weight classes goes down, Daniel Cormier would love nothing more than to dethrone "Bones" as the ruler of the light heavyweight division. A fight "DC" is more than confident he can win.

UFC 170's Pat Cummins Served Jail Time for Burglary
    Pat Cummins, Daniel Cormier's new opponent in UFC 170's light heavyweight co-main event, served jail time for a burglary conviction.

Just today, the UFC's Dana White revealed that Pat Cummins will replace an injured Rashad Evans in the co-main event of UFC 170 in a fight against undefeated two-time Olympian Daniel Cormier. Unfortunately, as soon as the UFC called him up into the big time, the former Penn State wrestler probably knew that MMA media would immediately report on his criminal history. In 2011, Pat Cummins served eight months in jail for burglarizing some fraternity houses in State College, Pennsylvania back in 2008.

Convicted with Cummins was former Penn State wrestling teammate and MMA fighter Eric Bradley. While the intricacies of what they did remain unclear, and they maintain that their acts amount to little more than a prank, a judge found that what they did worthy of jail time and probation.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-14-2014 at 01:16 AM.

The only way Cormier gets the next title shot is if Gustafsson somehow loses to Manuwa. In no way, shape, or form should a win over Patrick Cummins earn him a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't think this is going to be an easy fight. This guy is and up and comer, but he is well rounded. This is a lose-lose situation for Cormier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    The only way Cormier gets the next title shot is if Gustafsson somehow loses to Manuwa. In no way, shape, or form should a win over Patrick Cummins earn him a title shot.
    But dana is all about DC, and then DC and Jones claim to not like eachother so Dana will put that together ala GSP-Diaz and Goose fights davis, or glover...rinse and repeat.

Thread Information