Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Remains on UFC 170, Meets Newcomer Patrick Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    What does him being arrested have anything to do with anything?
    It means you are automatically a terrible person that should have been kept there for the rest of their lives because everyone who commits a crime is a menace to society and cannot possibly change or have been innocent.

(sarcasm)
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I agree he should not get a shot before Goose does (if they both win) but people complaining about a shot at the title with a win over Cummins seems to forget that DC has beaten Bigfoot, Barnett, Mir and Roy Nelson. Yes it was not at LHW but that does not seem to matter to the UFC (as we have seen from Chael & Vitor who both got a shot at Jones with much less impressive wins or loses).
    If Goose beats Manuwa, he should get then next title shot. If Phil Davis beats Rumble in April, I'd put him before Cormier--if Cormier wins.

But I do get a kick out of fans who simply don't want their favorite fighter to face a threat. It's an entirely weird mindset for me...back when Anderson was still champ and he was ducking rematches and then ducking Weidman, you'd have guys who had no problem with him facing Maia within a year of Maia getting KO'd. When Georges had Hendricks on the docket, fanboys were clamoring to make excuses why Diaz was a legitimate fight. And now Jones shouldn't have to fight Goose again, or Cormier ever...

whatever. The UFC has fucked up fans in general with bullshit overhype, but it's just sad when someone has it twisted in their skull that they can call someone the best, while simultaneously hoping that they don't have to fight anyone good to prove it.

Weird.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If Goose beats Manuwa, he should get then next title shot. If Phil Davis beats Rumble in April, I'd put him before Cormier--if Cormier wins.

But I do get a kick out of fans who simply don't want their favorite fighter to face a threat. It's an entirely weird mindset for me...back when Anderson was still champ and he was ducking rematches and then ducking Weidman, you'd have guys who had no problem with him facing Maia within a year of Maia getting KO'd. When Georges had Hendricks on the docket, fanboys were clamoring to make excuses why Diaz was a legitimate fight. And now Jones shouldn't have to fight Goose again, or Cormier ever...

whatever. The UFC has fucked up fans in general with bullshit overhype, but it's just sad when someone has it twisted in their skull that they can call someone the best, while simultaneously hoping that they don't have to fight anyone good to prove it.

Weird.

rh
    I guess the best fighting the best isn't cool anymore...
    You have to know what you don't know.

How long until Dana starts the gimmick matches? He is spending too much time with Vince McMahon. Lets hang the LHW title above the cage and have a 4 way ladder match Goose, Cormier, Jones and throw Anderson Silva in there for the hell of it. I'd watch
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    How long until Dana starts the gimmick matches? He is spending too much time with Vince McMahon. Lets hang the LHW title above the cage and have a 4 way ladder match Goose, Cormier, Jones and throw Anderson Silva in there for the hell of it. I'd watch
    Yeah it is becoming less and less of a sport and more and more like sports entertainment
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yeah it is becoming less and less of a sport and more and more like sports entertainment
    It will never be "sports entertainment" like the wrastlin where everything is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It will never be "sports entertainment" like the wrastlin where everything is fake.
    They certainly wouldn't hurt themselves by taking on some of WWE's production elements, I'm not going to get into the "Wrastlin is fake" argument. However, if Dana isn't careful then it wont be long until the comparisons are to much to deny and that in itself will begin to hurt the sport. There is a fine line between sports and entertainment these days
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Promotion is necessary as the sport cannot speak for itself. Interviews with fake and staged arguments is unnecessary though.

Daniel made me feel sorry for him because of his inability to shit talk.

I'm not going to get into the "Wrastlin is fake" argument.
    Because noone can convince anyone over the age of 12 with an IQ about 70 that it is real. It isn't an argument. It is fact. WWE is an acrobatic male soap opera. It doesn't deserve to even be called "sports" entertainment.

UFC couldn't find an opponent for Cormier so they signed the guy at the Starbucks drive-thru. Stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Promotion is necessary as the sport cannot speak for itself. Interviews with fake and staged arguments is unnecessary though.

Daniel made me feel sorry for him because of his inability to shit talk.

Because noone can convince anyone over the age of 12 with an IQ about 70 that it is real. It isn't an argument. It is fact. WWE is an acrobatic male soap opera. It doesn't deserve to even be called "sports" entertainment.

UFC couldn't find an opponent for Cormier so they signed the guy at the Starbucks drive-thru. Stellar.
    And that kind of ignorance on the subject is why I won't have the argument
    Believe in Chimichanga's

And that kind of ignorance on the subject is why I won't have the argument
    It's a statement, not an argument. It becomes an argument when you can materialize something tangible to defend that WWE is a sport competition with legitimate outcomes.

Thread Information