Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier Remains on UFC 170, Meets Newcomer Patrick Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Promotion is necessary as the sport cannot speak for itself. Interviews with fake and staged arguments is unnecessary though.

Daniel made me feel sorry for him because of his inability to shit talk.

Because noone can convince anyone over the age of 12 with an IQ about 70 that it is real. It isn't an argument. It is fact. WWE is an acrobatic male soap opera. It doesn't deserve to even be called "sports" entertainment.

UFC couldn't find an opponent for Cormier so they signed the guy at the Starbucks drive-thru. Stellar.
    I agree, but I think you are shitting on wrestling a little too hard there. But anyways that argument was so stupid and pitiful its like when you ask third graders to put on a play and they have no idea what to do.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

the outcome may be pre-determined but the athletic ability it takes to do what they do is not fake by any means. There is competition within the business,it may not be the type you are used to, but it's there. I'm not saying pro-wrestling is a sport, but it is an art, much like the martial arts. So, is the outcome fake? yes. Is the athletic performance put on by the superstars risky and dangerous? Yes. So what's the difference between that and Boxing now a days? There are plenty of boxing matches with pre-determined outcomes aswell, they just dont tell you so in the open
    Believe in Chimichanga's

ballet dancers are more athletic than professional wrestlers.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ballet dancers are more athletic than professional wrestlers.

rh
    and what is your point? you may very well be correct for the record, but thats like saying olympic gymnasts are more athletic than mma fighters
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Do people call the ballet a sport? It's athletic--more athletic than professional wrestling--and it's scripted.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Do people call the ballet a sport? It's athletic--more athletic than professional wrestling--and it's scripted.

rh
    touche but for the record nobody is calling wrestling a sport, its sports entertainment, If you read my post above, I myself said it isn't a sport but more of an art form much like Ballet. My point is that professional wrestling may have determined outcomes but to sit here and down talk what they do for our entertainment is ignorant. Wrestlers put themselves at risk every time they step in the ring, so to call it bullshit is disrespectful. I would challenge anyone on this forum to go through wrestling training and come back and tell me what they just did was "fake", in fact I bet 50% would not make it through a week.

I get that pro wrestling is a polarizing discussion, especially here but it frustrates me to see people make such statements without true knowledge. Stating that the only people that enjoy wrestling are those with low IQ's is simply not true and is offensive to those of us that enjoy the product for what it is.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Coreographic dancing by roided-out men.

Stating that the only people that enjoy wrestling are those with low IQ's is simply not true and is offensive to those of us that enjoy the product for what it is.
    I said that anyone who thinks it is real, as in unscripted action, has a low IQ.

A. We talked about whether or not it is real competition.

B. We talked about whether or not it is a sport.

Two different conversations.

It is obviously not a real competition, leaving the question of whether or not it is a sport. That depends on your definition of what a sport is. I think a sport is a competition of sorts. There is no competition in wrastling, while there is entertainment. The only competition is for screen-time and salary.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 02-14-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Fair enough but starting that with "Coreographic dancing by roided-out men." is in itself a bit disrespectful.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Aw man that shit got awkward and scringeworthy on fox sports. Dana sitting back smiling at his handywork and Patrick Cummins talking shit and flirting with blondey. DC is my man but he had no comeback for the break down of his crying story, best he could do was say he wont call him Pat anymore keeping it formal with Patrick. First time we've seen DC tongue tied this dude has gotten inside his head and been there a while.

Thread Information