Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC champ Ronda Rousey says marijuana testing is ‘invasion of privacy’

Default UFC champ Ronda Rousey says marijuana testing is ‘invasion of privacy’

UFC champ Ronda Rousey says marijuana testing is ‘invasion of privacy’
    “Honestly I feel like weed is not a performance-enhancing drug at all,” Rousey told MMAjunkie. “We are tested for it for entirely political reasons. The athletic commission is there to make sure we compete fairly and they are testing us for something that has nothing to do with athletic competition.”

Eye’s positive test added her name to a long list of fighters in the sport who have been flagged for the banned substance. The result of that test resulted in a probationary suspension, a fine and her UFC 166 victory over Sarah Kaufman being overturned to a no-decision.

While Rousey has previously spoken out against other banned substances in the sport, she feels marijuana shouldn’t be included in the discussion of performance-enhancing drugs and doesn’t intend to change her belief that it has no barring on MMA competition.

“It is beyond their rights [to test for marijuana],” Rousey said. “It’s actually an invasion of privacy.”

Except that it is performance enhancing regardless of popular opinion.

It's a documented bronchodilator and increases respiratory flow rates.

Next issue please.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

Next issue please.

I'm a huge fan of the law of unintended consequences and that little tidbit falls directly in there.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

She's been hanging around the Diaz brothers far to much.

Not a surprise at all that she smokes that shit
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I've always thought she looks high most of the time.She probably plays the heel because of withdrawals for cleaning up for a fight.Ha!
    From personal experience I would agree that it DOES in fact boost your performance.Just like anything else it's going to vary from person to person,but it always helped me focus in on any task at hand,and relax under pressure.Some people are affected the complete opposite of that.
    Last edited by jody; 02-14-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I've always thought she looks high most of the time.She probably plays the heel because of withdrawals for cleaning up for a fight.
    Do you know how much weed you'd need to smoke to get withdrawals from weed? more than enough to show up on regular drug testing for a UFC champion at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Do you know how much weed you'd need to smoke to get withdrawals from weed? more than enough to show up on regular drug testing for a UFC champion at any given time.
    I doubt that.But when I say withdrawals you and I may be thinking two different scenarios.I say withdrawals,I mean shitty attitude and lack of motivation.What you may think I mean is convulsions and vomiting and such,which I do not.I've smoked a lot,for a lot of years,I've had to quit,I've had withdrawals,and they DAMN sure make me feel heelish,lol.

BUT,it's more a case of mind over matter in that case,so maybe withdrawal isn't the best word,as it can be easy to ignore,if you are committed to quitting.
    Last edited by jody; 02-14-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

Next issue please.
    So would eating or injecting through another means also have these performance enhancing effects?

Not everyone who enjoys marijuana smokes it.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-14-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Thread Information