Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC champ Ronda Rousey says marijuana testing is ‘invasion of privacy’

Yeah, getting tested is an invasion of privacy, but being photographed nude isn't? Makes perfect sense to me. If you're crazy.

Not to mention the liability ACs would be incurring if they didn't test for illegal drugs and a fighter was injured while fighting under the influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Do you know how much weed you'd need to smoke to get withdrawals from weed? more than enough to show up on regular drug testing for a UFC champion at any given time.
    I've seen kids who experienced symptoms when they stopped at levels of just 2x a week. Everyone's physiology is different. Many people who use daily [even 1x] and cut back to 3x a week experience some degree of physical withdrawal that goes beyond psychological/emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So would eating or injecting through another means also have these performance enhancing effects?

Not everyone who enjoys marijuana smokes it.
    Eating it would still work.

Not only that, it helps many people with stress--although it actually causes anxiety in a large population of daily users--and can act as a pain reducer dealing with routine muscle-aches from training, etc.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

God Ronda is annoying.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 02-14-2014 at 06:09 AM.

^Fighter bashing alert woo woo I'm telling lol

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    ^Fighter bashing alert woo woo I'm telling lol
    Haha that's just my opinion.

Rousey is a man.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So would eating or injecting through another means also have these performance enhancing effects?

Not everyone who enjoys marijuana smokes it.
    Are you asking legitimately or attempting to be coy?

To answer-

From the British medical association:

They found that smoked cannabis and oral THC produced significant bronchodilatation of at least two hours duration.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Are you asking legitimately or attempting to be coy?

To answer-

From the British medical association:
    Legit.

I can understand smoking marijuana having those effects on your lungs but I was unsure of how edibles or topicals could.

So the increased lung capacity is for those who have recently indugled or does it carry over much longer than the intoxicating effects and relaxed muscles?

I seriously like he a lot less every time she opens her goddamn mouth. Weed is illegal in most states and as a professional athlete you are required to keep your blood clean. Invasion of privacy? No. I think it's more of a way to keep the professionals accountable for their actions outside of the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't like her but I agree with her on this. Reasonably soon more and more states are going to legalize marijuana and eventually it will be legal in all states. Maybe not New York because their politicians are stupid and currupt. At that point it will be like testing athletes for alcohol or cigarettes. And I don't buy the performance enhancing thing. If they do enough random studies they could probably call alcohol and tobacco performance enhancers. I seriously doubt anyone has ever sat down with a joint or a pot cookie thinking "this in gonna make me a beast in the cage!"
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

If it's against the rules, it's against the rules.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Thread Information