Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFC champ Ronda Rousey says marijuana testing is ‘invasion of privacy’

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I don't like her but I agree with her on this. Reasonably soon more and more states are going to legalize marijuana and eventually it will be legal in all states. Maybe not New York because their politicians are stupid and currupt. At that point it will be like testing athletes for alcohol or cigarettes. And I don't buy the performance enhancing thing. If they do enough random studies they could probably call alcohol and tobacco performance enhancers. I seriously doubt anyone has ever sat down with a joint or a pot cookie thinking "this in gonna make me a beast in the cage!"
    This is my favorite thing about the mj debate.

You see, in their fervor to legitimize use of the drug and point out its benefits, they've uncovered plenty of other aspects of it. It absolutely is a bronchiodilator and does provide expanded capacity similar to ephedrine hcl which is also banned. So, in essence, it doesn't matter if you believe it; it's true.

If you want to question the acceptable levels and whether it should be part of pre-fight tests, I'd listen and probably even be on board. However, stating it's an invasion as part of an immediate post fight is simply folly.

Cat, it works on administration just like any other med, herb, or drug.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Invasion of privacy is a bit overblown IMO but its a dumbfuck thing to have to worry about mj costing a fighter income , potential employment , rep , or a w on your record. Especially when you can pop positive so long after ingestion. What is it like thirty days ? Bullshit . And as far as comparing its benefits to that of ephedrine is a stretch. Can it be a bronchiodialator ? I'll buy that. But to say a doobie and those ephedrine tabs you used to be able to buy at any gas station have the same concerning effects is naive rhetoric. I would be surprised to find even 1% of mj users have reactions that are comparable to ephedrine. Cocaine maybe a different story but even then Melvin guillard only has a DECENT record

Rhetoric?

Wow. Maybe you should research and see why the pot lobby is touting it as an asthma treatment. Spoiler- THC is a bronchiodilator and causes a spike in norepinephrine levels which is also triggers a slight release of adrenaline which is responsible for that euphoric feeling you get while high. The drop and sudden return to normal levels is the tired and sleepy feeling after.

What is it ephedrine does again.....oh yeah, the whole norepinephrine, epinephrine thing again.

When I smoked weed heavily, my doctor said I had asthma but I barely felt it. I would exercise about 4-5 days a week for 3 hours.

When I quit smoking weed, I have significant pains and tightness in the lower quadrant of my left lung after and during exercise.

There's some anecdotal evidence for you.

I can't smoke trees though because the shit makes me lazy.

I was unaware of the use for asthma... in that case... it should still be legalized... and should still be banned for competition...

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    This is my favorite thing about the mj debate.

You see, in their fervor to legitimize use of the drug and point out its benefits, they've uncovered plenty of other aspects of it. It absolutely is a bronchiodilator and does provide expanded capacity similar to ephedrine hcl which is also banned. So, in essence, it doesn't matter if you believe it; it's true.

If you want to question the acceptable levels and whether it should be part of pre-fight tests, I'd listen and probably even be on board. However, stating it's an invasion as part of an immediate post fight is simply folly.

Cat, it works on administration just like any other med, herb, or drug.
    So you are saying smoking weed gives you expanded lung capacity, and therefore gives a pot smoker an advantage over a non smoker?
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

It increases lung capacity for a period after ingestion (THC).

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    It increases lung capacity for a period after ingestion (THC).
    So? What about the amount of resin in people's lungs after smoking? Was that taken into account in these studies?

This is all bullshit. It is too early in the actual studying of marijuana to make any conclusive results.

This has been known since the 70's.

Thread Information