Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Ronda is the biggest star the UFC ever had

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't think so. I think this is the glassy-eyed-ignorance of wanting to fuck her, but without the clarity of mind that comes afterward.

That, and he's a parasite who will say anything to make a buck, or to try to hurt someone he doesn't like, anyway.

rh
    Good point. I also hate that he says this about her but still supposedly is on good terms with guys like Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell (both are far bigger stars than Ronda could ever hope to be.)

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I can't wait until this ppv she's headlining gets under 200k buys and Dana cries himself to sleep.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Good point. I also hate that he says this about her but still supposedly is on good terms with guys like Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell (both are far bigger stars than Ronda could ever hope to be.)
    I know he's not on good terms with Georges, but St. Pierre could get more people to pay to watch him taking a piano lesson than Rousey will get for fighting.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

The way DW wishes or trys to bang Rousey is kind of how he is with the male fighters. He always seemed like that dork that got cut from the football team and tagged along with the players. I swear he gets a chubby for the fighters he thinks are "cool" like Liddell and such.

Ok, I seriously can't get over this. I mean the bitch has only had two fights in the UFC! One PPV sold 450k (had Hendo vs Machida as a co-main) and the other sold over a millions (although I'm sure she had next to nothing to do with it.) Isn't it a bit early to really judge her "star power?" So she's not bad looking and she's undefeated in a relatively established division, so fucking what? That hardly makes her "the biggest star the UFC has ever had."

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

6. Default

What the fuck did I just read?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    What the fuck did I just read?
    Dana White promoting one of his fighters/cash cows while bashing other fighters & managers. Are people really surprised by this? It must be Friday. Everybody here knows that Ronda isnt even close to being the biggest star the UFC has ever had but she is arguably one of the biggest stars the UFC has RIGHT NOW. 2 movies, a reality show, countless magazine photo's/articles; yeah I would say she is probably at the top.

Lets get something cleared up; Dana White is a fight promoter, he is going to promote his fights/fighters. Im shocked that people are shocked by this.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Dana White promoting one of his fighters/cash cows while bashing other fighters & managers. Are people really surprised by this? It must be Friday. Everybody here knows that Ronda isnt even close to being the biggest star the UFC has ever had but she is arguably one of the biggest stars the UFC has RIGHT NOW. 2 movies, a reality show, countless magazine photo's/articles; yeah I would say she is probably at the top.

Lets get something cleared up; Dana White is a fight promoter, he is going to promote his fights/fighters. Im shocked that people are shocked by this.
    I feel like she's not even a cash cow. I feel like the media and the management think she is so popular when a large majority of people could give a rats ass about womens mma. I can't wait to see Dana's reaction to ufc 170 historically low buy rate.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I feel like she's not even a cash cow. I feel like the media and the management think she is so popular when a large majority of people could give a rats ass about womens mma. I can't wait to see Dana's reaction to ufc 170 historically low buy rate.
    We'll have to wait and see; I cant see this card selling very well either.

She may not be their biggest star among fight fans but she is one of the biggest media presence they have currently, and that does nothing but put money in Dana's pocket at the end of the day. Is she the greatest fighter in womens mma ever? No not really, but she does bring in people that may not normally watch MMA and that's always helpful. Lesnar was the same way, he brought in a new audience and look at the way Dana treated him. I'm not saying I agree with what he said but there is a bit of truth to it.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thread Information