+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: White: Ronda is the biggest star the UFC ever had

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    This card is gonna flop like a fish. 200-250k in buys.
    I am hoping for less. I really want Dana to realize how much he overrates the popularity of Ronda.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 02-16-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    its hardly an offensive statement he is promoting his biggest star be happy that the females are getting credit and coverage Its his job to promote the next big thing
    He certainly should promote her to the best of his ability, but not at the expense of other fighters. The way he's promoting her is unbelievably egregious. PPV buys, sponsorships, Q score, general name recognition or however you choose to rate her, she most certainly is not the biggest current star in the UFC. As for the greats that came before her and paved the way in the UFC...well I hope each one of them slaps Dana next time they see him.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Hyperbole and overstatement is the job of a promoter. It is easy to prove his words wrong but the words of a promoter are never concrete. Don't you notice how often at post-fight pressers he says a bout was the best fight he ever saw?

I mean, it's not meant to be taken literally rather to psychologically induce people into buying. Oh well.

Fact is that this card will not do will because it lost Evans and replaced him with Starbuck's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Hyperbole and overstatement is the job of a promoter. It is easy to prove his words wrong but the words of a promoter are never concrete. Don't you notice how often at post-fight pressers he says a bout was the best fight he ever saw?

I mean, it's not meant to be taken literally rather to psychologically induce people into buying. Oh well.

Fact is that this card will not do will because it lost Evans and replaced him with Starbuck's.
    Yeah you are right he is probabky just saying it to piss people like me off to try and get me to buy shitty ppvs just to see her lose.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yeah you are right he is probabky just saying it to piss people like me off to try and get me to buy shitty ppvs just to see her lose.
    Not really, he is trying to get casuals or new fans to buy because she is a "hot", blonde, movie star, Olympian chick so that he can make as much money as possible.

first of all, we can all sit here and say she couldn't have hired a bigger f---ing idiot to be her manager.
    Of course she could, she could have hired Dana White to be her manager.

She will die. She will die if she goes to 135. … So I'm going to go before an athletic commission and say I want to make the fight between Ronda Rousey and f---ing Cyborg Santos at 135 pounds? She's on record saying she'll die. What if she f---ing dies?"
    In she dies, hopefully Dana disappears from the MMA world, which would be great news for everybody.
    BTW he always has excuses for everything, he can not make one single superfight. He can not make it! He is horrible promoter, he talks and acts like a stupid teenager but when it is time to show how good of a promoter he is and make some dream fight, he fails all the time.
    But of course he always has some stupid excuse.

Ronda's never cheated, ever. She's an Olympian. She's a world champion who has not only defended her f---ing title, but I asked her to go back-to-back and she f---ing did it. Coming straight off filming two f---ing movies, a training camp. This girl, the other thing with this girl? She gets the f---ing flu, gets sick, run down, s--- like she's going to die, and she still f---ing trains through camp.

"I've got a big 6-foot-8 f---ing musclehead whose rib hurts and won't f---ing fight dos Santos. This chick does two movies back-to-back, fights, comes back in f---ing camp, films 'The Ultimate Fighter,' f---ing does all these appearances and all this other s---. She's a f---ing rock star. She's never cheated. She's done all these great things. She's an Olympian and she has to answer questions about Cyborg f---ing Santos?"

"She's the hugest superstar," said White of Rousey. "I'm going to go out and say she's the biggest star we've ever had."
    Hahahahahahaha, what an idiot! There are only 2 possible explanations for all this crap:

1.- DW is even more retarded than we thought.
    2.- Ronda finally allowed him to fuck her ass.

he is trying to get casuals or new fans to buy because she is a "hot", blonde, movie star
    Ronda Rousey a movie star??????
    Not because she will appear in a couple of shitty movies it means that she is a movie superstar.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Ronda Rousey a movie star??????
    Not because she will appear in a couple of shitty movies it means that she is a movie superstar.
    I said that this is what Dana wants to play her up as in the eyes of those who do not know any better. People like to be led and people who don't know any better will be led to believe anything.

I am sure Randy, chuck and George will appreciate this statement. Dana is a major parasite.Made his money exploiting people with abilities he only wish he had ,uses them up then discards and belittles them once age or body damage catches up with them .
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pasha k View Post
    of course she could, she could have hired dana white to be her manager.

In she dies, hopefully dana disappears from the mma world, which would be great news for everybody.
    Btw he always has excuses for everything, he can not make one single superfight. He can not make it! He is horrible promoter, he talks and acts like a stupid teenager but when it is time to show how good of a promoter he is and make some dream fight, he fails all the time.
    But of course he always has some stupid excuse.

Hahahahahahaha, what an idiot! There are only 2 possible explanations for all this crap:

1.- dw is even more retarded than we thought.
    2.- ronda finally allowed him to fuck her ass.

Ronda rousey a movie star??????
    LMFAO I am seriously dying of laughter from this post.

The spectacle of having Women in the #1 MMA company in the world created Rousey. The UFC wouldn't have created the division if their first champ wasn't decent looking. Rousey is famous because anyone who was named the UFC's first Women's Champion, would have been. Given the fact that she comes off as (is) a terrible, classless jerk, she is actually doing worse than expected. If she tried her best to be more GSP like then she would probably be even more successful. It's pretty obvious that the UFC wanted to play her up as a role model golden girl rather than a bad ass bitch, but she didn't give them much choice. All of this isn't to insult her, for her to be in this position, she had to be the best in the world in mma, and not look like a troll, but as far as any other drawing power, it's not there. Any girl with a mean arm bar, and a pretty face could be in her position of fame.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information