Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White confirms UFC is developing universal uniforms for all fighters to wear

Default Dana White confirms UFC is developing universal uniforms for all fighters to wear

Dana White confirms UFC is developing universal uniforms for all fighters to wear
    It may soon be time to say goodbye to fighters in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) wearing different brands of gear when entering the Octagon, as UFC President Dana White confirmed on Thursday that the promotion is developing a standard uniform that all fighters will wear.

I cannot imagine an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) event without Affliction shirts or Dynamic Fastener logos, but according to UFC President Dana White, the promotion is currently developing an official UFC uniform that all fighters would have to wear during an event.

Yes, really.

Sources speaking anonymously told Bleacher Report that the proposed plan -- while not yet a done deal -- would be carried out by a major sports apparel company and would feature a full get-up that includes universal fight shorts, walkout shirts, and hats.

On the UFC-approved garments, spots would be available for a fighter's camp to go out and earn their own sponsorships, but the most visible logos would be from UFC and the chosen brand producer.

White has promised in the past to rectify the mixed martial arts (MMA) sponsorship problem, highlighted in recent events by instances of Cody McKenzie and Mac Danzig's infamous plain white shorts that were worn at UFC on FOX 9.

...milking the individual fighter's sponsors for 30K a piece wasn't buying dana enough Ferraris?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Just make the UFC as bland as possible while you secure every possible penny you've squeezed or stopped someone else from making.

And another fighter revenue stream gets squeezed even more.
    You have to know what you don't know.

This will be a huge blow to GSP's return to the Octagon.

I bet it's Reebok. I remember after the whole Rampage complaining about Reebok not being on his fight gear, because of the paying the UFC requirement, I read somewhere that the UFC met with them for a potential deal (maybe Dana himself saying it ?). And then Anderson Silva stating that he wasn't going to be sponsored by Nike for the Weidman 2 fight, and for the interviewer to ask Dana why.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ompany-as-well
    In addition to working with Hendricks and Varner, Reebok is currently in negotiations with the UFC on a major endorsement deal as well.

UFC president Dana White revealed last weekend following the conclusion of UFC 159 that the company was flying to Boston to meet with executives from Reebok on a potentially large deal.

"Yep, we're going in and talking to Reebok about some big, big s—t," White stated when speaking to Bleacher Report over the weekend.

No deal between the UFC and Reebok has been announced as of yet, but if negotiations go well the sporting apparel and shoe company could add mixed martial arts to their growing resume of sports leagues that they work with currently.
    Last edited by Spoon; 02-14-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

That is so fucking stupid. Dana is the white Don King.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Terrible that they are taking even more money away from these guys. It wont hurtthe top tier guys but undercard fighters are really getting screwed
    Believe in Chimichanga's

If it leads to fighter pay going up proportionally then I'm ok with it. In the long term it's a more lucrative model all around for the UFC to use it's power to get a big sponsorship deal in place and then pay each fighter a set amount based upon their placement on the card and the event itself.

Thread Information