Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz steps down as Cris Cyborg's manager

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I'd rep Tito if I could.
    Aye, I would too. I dislike Tito with passion, but this time he actually had a good point.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

zuffa still won't sign her.

Even if she stood on a scale and weighed 135, with a list of tests from every day for the last six months where she tested clean, they want no part of her.

dana wants to capitalize on the ignorant masses who think rousey is hot and confuse being a one-trick pony--and don't get me wrong, it's a great trick--in a shallow pool with being the greatest in the world.

To have someone come in that the unwashed masses don't want to fantasize about bongrips and blowjobs isn't part of the marketing plan.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

they already tried to sign cyborg and make the fight at 135 what makes u believe they do not want her even if she makes 135 now. They even tried to sign non-exclusively and pay her to keep fighting in invicta just to keep the possibility open but tito had her sign exclusively with invicta

As much as I dislike Tito, I really wish he had that boxing match with Dana and kicked his ass in an epic way.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    zuffa still won't sign her.

Even if she stood on a scale and weighed 135, with a list of tests from every day for the last six months where she tested clean, they want no part of her.

rh
    Cyborg did it to herself by being a cheat and also refusing to attempt to cut down to 135.

And why Rousey can not go up to 145 pounds? As far as I know, she competed in Judo in the 145 division, so it should not be a problem for her.

There can not be a reason such as "Because there is not a 145 division in the UFC".
    The UFC can easily make a catchweight fight between them 2.

The problems is that indeed they know that Cyborg can easily end Rousey's career just like she did with Carano, and they want a "hot" blonde to be the face of WMMA instead of an "ugly" brazilian.
    The whole "cheater" stuff is just an excuse to not sign her. There are many fighters currently in the UFC that have been caught for cheating.

Truth is that they do not want Rousey to get her ass kicked, unless it is by some "hotter" chick.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Cyborg did it to herself by being a cheat and also refusing to attempt to cut down to 135.
    Yes and no.

She certainly screwed herself by juicing. But you're overlooking the history of the situation.

Rousey started at 145 in women's MMA, and yapped about getting a shot at Cyborg when Cris was on top and Ronda was a relative nobody. Conveniently, before that fight could materialize, Rousey dropped down to 135 to get an unearned title shot against Tate [remember, this was Coker--he gave Rogers a title shot against AO after Brett had been KTFO'd in his previous fight, and it was after zuffa purchased it--I can't imagine any pressure was being put on him to come up with a big star--and then suddenly she was Queen of the May. She spends a year and a half talking shit about Cyborg, and suddenly Cyborg should come and face her.

Cris just made the situation worse by juicing and getting caught. Her stock plummeted.

zuffa could bolster a 145 division that wouldn't be any shallower than bantamweight...but Cris is damaged goods, they don't want to waste the push on her that they give Ronda.

But it still doesn't make her any less talented.

And she'd KILL Rousey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    And why Rousey can not go up to 145 pounds? As far as I know, she competed in Judo in the 145 division, so it should not be a problem for her.
    I'm pretty sure more than half of her MMA bouts were at 145 or higher.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I have never liked Tito much less been a fan but lets face it this was a chance for Dana to throw a bone to a former champ that padded his pocket for years but refused. If Cyborg had padded Whites pocket we would be seeing that fight but as Rivithead has already stated Cyborg would destroy Rousey and everyone knows it.This would derail Whites big plans.
    As far as the juicing thing ,I totally agree that is has no place in sports but what is the difference between Cyborg and Belfort ? The two faced comments that are made are obvious
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    this might be the 1st time Tito has said something that I actually agree with.
    AND...And... he didn't sound like a complete idiot.

100 % agreed

Alright Tito!!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information