Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

Default Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

I don't know what is going on lately, but I certainly don't like it. The way Dana has treated GSP, the introduction of the Fight Pass requiring me to pay $10 more dollars a month on top of buying PPVs if I want to watch preliminaries, uniforms for fighters, the possibility of the UFC letting Melendez go, the shameless and endless promotion of Rousey, etc, etc.

For me, the UFC is now at a very important crossroad, where this very public display of greed may well start to turn fans away. If they continue in this direction, it could give another promotion the opportunity to really move forward, and hopefully be as big as the UFC. I used to think that Dana was good for the UFC, but now I am not so sure. He is annoying the fuck out of me lately.

Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts........
    Last edited by dan the man 67; 02-15-2014 at 08:58 PM.

It's not just you. I will still watch, but I won't pay.

Definitely not just you. Hope fight pass fails hard. It should include ppvs or at least at a discount like the wrestling thing (from my understanding it includes ppvs)

Rhonda being treating like a Goddess, GSP situation, Melendez, Sponsor killing.... jus so much shit iun UFC I hate right now.... def just not you. Im hoping another organization puts up a legitimate challenge soon.

I sure as fuck have been turned off lately.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I started to get turned off a couple of years ago but to the casual fan, they probably like some of this crap.

The Dana lost the plot.

Delaying the show for 20 minutes past advertised start time due to NSACAR? Main Cards not stating until after midnight on the east coast? Hardcore fans have to make sacrifices just to see these damn fights, how do they ever expect to capture the causal folks???

If Bellator can pull their heads out of where the sun don't shine they can get a lot of fans who want good fights but less politics.

It's been going on for a long time.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information