Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

Just looking at Dana makes me change the channel now.

Some of it is definitely turning me off, but there have been other things in the past few years that have as well. Stuff like releasing fighters while keeping others who have far worse records, the UFC requiring the fighter's sponsors to pay them to do so, buying promotions with the claim they will keep it running only to run it into the ground, and getting rid of the post fight show in favor of the shit Fox Sports Live garbage.

I may not like Rhonda getting her ass kissed so much, but they really do need to try and build new stars to get that above average PPV buy. Especially with GSP now gone, Lesnar gone, and Anderson now dethroned on top of being injured, they seem to be in desperation mode at the moment. Add in that Dana has claimed that more media outlets have have been drawn to interviewing her than any other fighter, and the fact she's going to be in at least 2 pretty big major motion picture movies, they're going to get a lot of promotion off of her. So from a business standpoint, I get it, even if I don't like it, and will be rooting for Sara McMann to smash her.

For fight Pass, I actually think it's a good thing, even though my broke ass won't be subscribing. Personally the whole Prelim thing doesn't bother me, because I rarely watch them anyways, but I certainly can see the problem for those who do. But for the content that is apparently on there, and will eventually be on there (all fights in UFC & Zuffa purchased history and exclusive content), $10 a month doesn't seem that bad, even just for a month or 2 to watch everything you may have not seen or seen in years.

Meh on Melendez. Blame Dana all you want (not directed in anyone in general), but even Dana has said many times that fighters don't even need to deal with him. Allegedly, they can deal with multiple people, including Lorenzo and Joe Silva if they choose to. None of us know what the real deal was, because none of us were privy to the discussions. From a personal standpoint, I haven't been impressed by Melendez in about 3 years now. I don't see it as a huge loss and many seem to do.

The rest I agree with.

They are clearly very bitter when it comes to their top PPV earner, GSP, leaving on short notice. But we're not privy to his reason for leaving in the first place, so maybe they have a reason to be bitter, or maybe they don't.

The uniform thing is bullshit and is taking even more money out of the pockets of fighters. But, it's also the UFC's attempt to make their company look like a legit sport.

They definitely seem to be in a "money grab" mode in the past few years, and it's only getting worse. But seriously, it's hard to know their intentions. Are they looking to make themselves rich and fuck people over? Are they trying to make as much money as quickly as possible, so they can make the sport as big as boxing was in it's heyday, so they can make shit loads of money while eventually being able to cut prices and pay fighters more? Only time will tell, but if it's the greed, hopefully another promotion can more than take their place.

Actually there is nothing new.

1.- Dana White has always been a fucking piece of shit. The thing is that now he is bashing his own fighters with more frequency, and it happens that some of those fighters are big fan favorites. That is why it is only now that people are realizing the bag of crap that is Dana White.
    But it is nothing new, he has been like that for many years.

2.- It is nothing new that the UFC asks way too much money for their (overrated) cards.
    But it is the fan's fault because they keep paying for that. If fans decided to stream the events, or to wait few hours and download (for free and in HD) the event, UFC would pretty quickly low their prices and offer good benefits in exchange of your payment.
    Now they want you to fucking pay to watch the prelims lol

3.- As for the Ronda ass kissing.
    It is very simple. First of all it is obvious that Dana fucks her in all ways he wants.
    And secondly, it is not the first or last time that Dana licks the ass of a fighter because he is popular and has a nice winning streak. In other words, he is kissing her ass because she is bringing good money to him.
    Tomorrow Ronda will say or do something that DW does not like, and suddenly he will say that she is a piece of shit, a worthless and overrated dumb girl that got so many wins because the division is so fucking weak.
    He would say some shit like:

"This division is fucking weak! They don't know how to fucking defend a fucking armbar. When have you seen that a man wins all his fucking fights with the exact same fucking move? That shit was happening in fucking 1994 with fucking Royce. Women's divisions is even more fucking weak than men's division in 1994!! This is how fucking weak they are. Ronda would get fucking destroyed if she was a fucking man"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I ,for one, am done with the dana bull. I have been a huge fan since UFC 1 but Dana is the Don King of MMA and his greed and thinking he is GOD is going to be the death of UFC.
    White said when UFC made it to FOX he could see a day when no need for PPV (which we all know super fights would never be considered ) but in fact pretty much any decent draw is still PPV.
    White also said coaches on Ultimate Fighter would fight in the finale like proposed in the begining.We all know how that has been going Rousey /Tate (PPV) you can bet Sonnon / Silva will be PPV.
    Now I have to pay an extra $10 bucks to watch the filler matches ? I dont know about the rest of you but I wont. Neither will I pay for another PPV no matter who is fighting and will watch and support other organizations that still show they appreciate not only their fighters but the fans that support them.
    Reading some of the other comments here made me feel better that it was not just me that felt this way.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

I've always watched and never paid and I'll continue to do that.
    For us Hardcores we're probably getting slightly turned away because we read every bit of news about every single topic that comes out.
    But the casual fan probably doesn't know that Dana talks a bunch of shit on Overeem and GSP. They probably don't know about the Culinary Issues and what not.
    They just know when Ronda fights and when Big Country fights.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    I've always watched and never paid and I'll continue to do that.
    For us Hardcores we're probably getting slightly turned away because we read every bit of news about every single topic that comes out.
    But the casual fan probably doesn't know that Dana talks a bunch of shit on Overeem and GSP. They probably don't know about the Culinary Issues and what not.
    They just know when Ronda fights and when Big Country fights.
    The casuals don't follow anyone besides Brock, Anderson Silva and GSP. The UFC has been very unsuccesful in trying to generate more interest and are pissing off the hardcore fnas in the process.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

They had their opportunity to build stars, but used that time to jerk off over super fights.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Was Vladimir Finkelstein correct when he said that even though DW has done more for the sport than anyone that he will also be the reason that it won't progress?

I watch free cards and when buddies get the shows.

I just think its funny NOW that people are starting to see how much bs has always gone on. News flash: it's nothing new at all. It's just spilled over to the guys you like rather than just the lesser favored fighters. When it was Tito, Sylvia, frank shamrock, fedor, Roy Nelson etc, everyone was just fine. It spills over to gsp and everyone goes crazy.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I'm not turned off from it. I still like watching guys get punched in the face, and I don't mind paying another 10$ a month for access to the entire fight library. I don't care if Melendez stays or leaves. The uniform idea is dumb but every other sport has them so we'll get used to it. Ronda is a cunt but Dana is probably plowing her so I get why he has to talk her up (he's still incredibly wrong for saying she's their biggest star.) I'm still a huge fight fan, and I'd much rather watch UFC than bellashit. The sport it progressing and becoming more main stream and along with that are going to come some changes. You think when they added gloves, and rules, and rounds to MMA everyone liked it? No, but it was progress and it was for the greater good of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information