Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I don't know what is going on lately, but I certainly don't like it. The way Dana has treated GSP, the introduction of the Fight Pass requiring me to pay $10 more dollars a month on top of buying PPVs if I want to watch preliminaries, uniforms for fighters, the possibility of the UFC letting Melendez go, the shameless and endless promotion of Rousey, etc, etc.

For me, the UFC is now at a very important crossroad, where this very public display of greed may well start to turn fans away. If they continue in this direction, it could give another promotion the opportunity to really move forward, and hopefully be as big as the UFC. I used to think that Dana was good for the UFC, but now I am not so sure. He is annoying the fuck out of me lately.

Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts........
    Im in the same boat. I can get the shameless promoting of Rousey. I can. I can get not wanting to pay somebody what you dont think they're worth. It makes sense to me. I feel like the sponsorship killing and Dana's all around "dont cross me or I'll fuck everybody you know" attitude are the biggest problems that I have. Its bad business in my opinion.

I feel like Dana has been conducting business very poorly lately and he may have ran his course; might be time to just take a stockholder position and not a front-man position.

What Dana White has lately done to improve MMA?
    What was the last thing he has done that everybody was like "Wow this is awesome news! Great job by Dana White!"?

Every year there are more and more cards, but that is actually more of a negative thing. Because quantity is being more important than quality. There are more cards, but the level of those cards are considerably worse than before.
    Those cards just have 1 or 2 interesting fights, the rest is filled by fighters that not much people really care about, or by absolute unknown fighters.

Their expansion is going extremely slowly, they go to just 1 or 2 new countries every year, and they present a pretty mediocre card there.
    The way they are doing TUF is absolutely ridiculous now. There are like 3 TUFs going at the same time, and you know absolutely nothing about them. By the way when was the last time that a TUF winner won the UFC belt?

Look at UFC 170:

Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann
    Daniel Cormier vs. Pat Cummins
    Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
    Mike Pyle vs. TJ Waldburger
    Robert Whittaker vs. Stephen Thompson

They expect people to pay 60 dollars for this???? Seriously??? Fucking TJ Burger, Robert Whittaker, Pat Cummins, Mike Pyle, Stephen Thompson in the main card??
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    Quick question.....

As far as the MMA business goes.... is it better to cater to potential new fans in lieu of pleasing an already established fanbase?
    The new fans would put the UFC up there with the rest of pro sports in terms of viewership and revenue... they can;t do that with the current base. So for overall growth they need the new fan base.

That said though they turned themselves into a billion dollar company off the backs of the the current fans. It's risky alienating your customers when they are the ones making you successful. The potential of new fans isn't a sure thing in terms of the UFC I can only see the sport growing so much from it's current state... most people I talk to now a days that don't watch are likely never going to watch it.

Getting more into Glory these days, great quality fights and (at least for the moment), no political backstage bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintessential Studmuffin View Post
    If you dont love Wanderlei Silva...then fuck you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    What was the last thing he has done that everybody was like "Wow this is awesome news! Great job by Dana White!"?

Every year there are more and more cards, but that is actually more of a negative thing. Because quantity is being more important than quality. There are more cards, but the level of those cards are considerably worse than before.
    Those cards just have 1 or 2 interesting fights, the rest is filled by fighters that not much people really care about, or by absolute unknown fighters.

Their expansion is going extremely slowly, they go to just 1 or 2 new countries every year, and they present a pretty mediocre card there.
    The way they are doing TUF is absolutely ridiculous now. There are like 3 TUFs going at the same time, and you know absolutely nothing about them. By the way when was the last time that a TUF winner won the UFC belt?

Look at UFC 170:

Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann
    Daniel Cormier vs. Pat Cummins
    Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
    Mike Pyle vs. TJ Waldburger
    Robert Whittaker vs. Stephen Thompson

They expect people to pay 60 dollars for this???? Seriously??? Fucking TJ Burger, Robert Whittaker, Pat Cummins, Mike Pyle, Stephen Thompson in the main card??
    I agree with everything but the bold statement. It's not always a bad thing to have less famous, or unknowns, on fight cards. This gives guys a chance to prove their worth. Giving a fighter a chance to grow in the UFC isn't a bad thing. It's one way to build future stars; they do have to start somewhere and, at one point, everyone started out as a nobody.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Unknowns should be on TV cards not PPV cards. UFC 170 is weaker than the last UFN in Brazil.

Watch UFC 170 be action-packed with all the streamers drooling.

I love the prelims and at times you see really good fights and even future stars but I will be daMNED IF i AM GOING TO PAY AN EXTRA $10 TO WATCH THEM
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Getting a deal done with Fox was a massive deal. I was very happy to see that I won't have to buy a PPV every time an event was on. Maybe that wasn't enough for those greedy bastards, hence jacking the price of PPVs up by $5, and coming out with Fight Pass for $10/month.

The deal with fox was a massive deal but there was a deal because of the quality fighters and the huge fan base that has supported UFC since the begining and White is doing his best to fuck both over. White is a user and could give a damn about all that have helped him get where he is today.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

The Fox deal was made more than 2 years ago.
    What has Dana done in the past few months?

When was the last time he made a superfight? I do not remember any superfight after Bj Penn vs GSP 2, and that was 5 years ago.
    When was the last time he made such an awesome card that people said "This is probably one of the greatest cards in MMA history"?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information