Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    The Fox deal was made more than 2 years ago.
    What has Dana done in the past few months?

When was the last time he made a superfight? I do not remember any superfight after Bj Penn vs GSP 2, and that was 5 years ago.
    When was the last time he made such an awesome card that people said "This is probably one of the greatest cards in MMA history"?
    UFC 166 was pretty stacked, pre injury to Cruz, UFC 148 was awesome too. Acting like there aren't still awesome cards out there is a pretty odd stance to take. Dana White sucks, but they're still putting on some pretty amazing cards. People cite UFC 100 all the time as the standard for a card, but people also fail to realize that UFC 100 was a special event and replicating it on a regular basis isn't really possible.

idk i think the amount of cards are overkill imo.. i wasnt able to catcth the machida-mousasi card and im missing 170 as well... 3 years ago i would be find a way to catch these live but now i dont really care too much

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    idk i think the amount of cards are overkill imo.. i wasnt able to catcth the machida-mousasi card and im missing 170 as well... 3 years ago i would be find a way to catch these live but now i dont really care too much
    That sounds more of an issue with your interest in the sport more than anything. Overseas cards are usually weak, but they're free MMA and hardly worth complaining about. Mousasi/Machida was an especially boring event, however. 170 is a valid complaint because its unusually weak for a PPV, but you don't have to buy it...and the streak of PPVs after it being Lawler/Hendricks (average card), Jones/Tex (Great card so far) and Wiedman/Vitor should more than make up for the lack of excitement.

Oversaturated market = watered down product.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Especially with a PPV business model.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Yup they should be limiting themselves to 24-26 cards a year.. roughly 2 a month one free one to lead into the PPV and a stacked PPV card.

i can only imagine what would have happened if Rousey wasnt willing to fight so quick and Rashad got injured we would probably be getting Cormier vs Sonnen as the Main event of 170

I always wondered why the UFC didn't have a weekly free show on Fox or whatever, and have a PPV every 4-5 weeks. With the international expansion, deep roster, and 10 divisions I think they could pull it out. Talk to your boy Vince and model it after their rolling circus.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

ok so i just read through 5 pages of thoughts from "the hardcore fan" on Dana White and the UFC. While i consider myself one of these, i am also a successful business owner and so i look at this from a completely different perspective.
    There is one major question that i think of when i read this stuff.

"Do you buy UFC liscensed merchandise or buy UFC PayPerViews?"
    If you answer "no" to this current question, the UFC really doesn't care what you think; and nor should they. Hardcore fan or not. The people that pay for many ppv's and buy the t-shirts and the hats may be casual fans to you, but these are the people the UFC panders to for 1 obvious reason. These are the people that make the company a profitable enterprise! The UFC is not in the business of spending money to entertain you for no return. If a fighter doesn't like the new running rules he can always go fight elsewhere. The Fretitta's are in the busienss of making money. Period. Wanna bitch about Dana and the fights and all the other stuff? support the brand once in a while. I buy every PPV i watch and if i dont like the card i dont watch it pretty simple. You dont like the product, turn off your live stream or Tv or whatever else you watch it on. Companies including the UFC doesn't owe the non-consumer a damn thing.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    ok so i just read through 5 pages of thoughts from "the hardcore fan" on Dana White and the UFC. While i consider myself one of these, i am also a successful business owner and so i look at this from a completely different perspective.
    There is one major question that i think of when i read this stuff.

"Do you buy UFC liscensed merchandise or buy UFC PayPerViews?"
    If you answer "no" to this current question, the UFC really doesn't care what you think; and nor should they. Hardcore fan or not. The people that pay for many ppv's and buy the t-shirts and the hats may be casual fans to you, but these are the people the UFC panders to for 1 obvious reason. These are the people that make the company a profitable enterprise! The UFC is not in the business of spending money to entertain you for no return. If a fighter doesn't like the new running rules he can always go fight elsewhere. The Fretitta's are in the busienss of making money. Period. Wanna bitch about Dana and the fights and all the other stuff? support the brand once in a while. I buy every PPV i watch and if i dont like the card i dont watch it pretty simple. You dont like the product, turn off your live stream or Tv or whatever else you watch it on. Companies including the UFC doesn't owe the non-consumer a damn thing.

H.
    I don't buy shit but sat through many crappy "long" ads on Spike and now Fox, I'm sure that's putting money in their pockets.

and the UFC is coming to my home town soon and I'm going (1st event) lol
    Last edited by Qball1974; 02-18-2014 at 05:29 PM.

11. 02-18-2014, 05:28 PM

Thread Information