+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

I love MMA.
    And the best MMA right now can be found (by and large) in the UFC. I like watching Bellator, MFC, WSOF, etc. But the UFC is king. That being said... I hate the obvious cash grab of Fight Pass. I LIKE watching prelims. Now, I can't. Not without shelling out MORE money. That is annoying.
    How the hell is Ronda Rousey so esteemed? Seriously? She's a good fighter... no doubt. But I read yesterdays article about how "her striking is the best in MMA" and didn't know if I should laugh... or cry? Rousey will not be champ for long. But never have I seen the UFC SOOO blatantly WANT a person to remain champion... it's unreal. And sadly... it's because the promotion of women's mma... like women's EVERYTHING... is heavily tied to the appearance and relative attractiveness of women. Put simply... Ronda is fairly attractive in a sport that is not overly full of attractive females... so she gets held up as "the best". It's sad really. Because she is a great fighter WITHOUT all the hype/crap.
    Dana slamming GSP/AO/other current fighters (Ben Henderson/Rory Mac/etc) is just annoying.
    His ongoing hatred of Tito is annoying.
    His refusal to sign Ben Askren but his willingness to promote a 4 and 0 Pat Cummins in the co-main event is RIDICULOUS!
    And annoying.

I could go on and on and on...

His irrational crusade against internet piracy (Prosecute servers who provide the streams... but fans who watch? that's just lame!)
    His either INSANELY NAIVE stance on PEDs (Seriously Dana... if you don't know that the VAST majority of fighters are on something than you have your head crammed up your ass)
    Etc. Etc. Etc!!!!

So Yes... the UFC is annoying.

And they are right on the border line of being a Monopoly.

I LOVE MMA.
    I LOVE the UFC.

Stop gouging fans.
    Start paying fighters more.
    Stop letting politics and personal vendettas influence fights/signings.

Start behaving like a professional sport please.

If I wanted to watch pseudo drama crap I'd tune in to the WWE.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    I love MMA.
    And the best MMA right now can be found (by and large) in the UFC. I like watching Bellator, MFC, WSOF, etc. But the UFC is king. That being said... I hate the obvious cash grab of Fight Pass. I LIKE watching prelims. Now, I can't. Not without shelling out MORE money. That is annoying.
    How the hell is Ronda Rousey so esteemed? Seriously? She's a good fighter... no doubt. But I read yesterdays article about how "her striking is the best in MMA" and didn't know if I should laugh... or cry? Rousey will not be champ for long. But never have I seen the UFC SOOO blatantly WANT a person to remain champion... it's unreal. And sadly... it's because the promotion of women's mma... like women's EVERYTHING... is heavily tied to the appearance and relative attractiveness of women. Put simply... Ronda is fairly attractive in a sport that is not overly full of attractive females... so she gets held up as "the best". It's sad really. Because she is a great fighter WITHOUT all the hype/crap.
    Dana slamming GSP/AO/other current fighters (Ben Henderson/Rory Mac/etc) is just annoying.
    His ongoing hatred of Tito is annoying.
    His refusal to sign Ben Askren but his willingness to promote a 4 and 0 Pat Cummins in the co-main event is RIDICULOUS!
    And annoying.

I could go on and on and on...

His irrational crusade against internet piracy (Prosecute servers who provide the streams... but fans who watch? that's just lame!)
    His either INSANELY NAIVE stance on PEDs (Seriously Dana... if you don't know that the VAST majority of fighters are on something than you have your head crammed up your ass)
    Etc. Etc. Etc!!!!

So Yes... the UFC is annoying.

And they are right on the border line of being a Monopoly.

I LOVE MMA.
    I LOVE the UFC.

Stop gouging fans.
    Start paying fighters more.
    Stop letting politics and personal vendettas influence fights/signings.

Start behaving like a professional sport please.

If I wanted to watch pseudo drama crap I'd tune in to the WWE.

Just my two cents.
    This sums up my feelings in a nut shell.

"Do you buy UFC liscensed merchandise or buy UFC PayPerViews?"
    If you answer "no" to this current question, the UFC really doesn't care what you think; and nor should they
    Aha and you think that they care about the fans that pay money?
    You pay or not, you get exactly the same product.

The people that pay for many ppv's and buy the t-shirts and the hats may be casual fans to you, but these are the people the UFC panders to for 1 obvious reason. These are the people that make the company a profitable enterprise!
    Same thing. UFC does things however the hell they want, not however fans (hardcore, casuals, who pay, who don't pay) want.

The UFC is not in the business of spending money to entertain you for no return.
    The problem here is that they want to make shitty entertainment and want you to pay a lot of money for that.

If a fighter doesn't like the new running rules he can always go fight elsewhere.
    Bullshit.
    Fighters are the ones that make money to the UFC, fighters are the ones that make MMA the sport it is.
    So obviously they have the rights to be happy or unhappy about something. Because while their retarded fatty boss is sitting on the computer jerking off or insulting random people on Twitter, these fighters are training like animals knowing that their next fight may be the last one.

By your logic: If Dana White do not like fans that do not pay, then he can go elsewhere and being president of some other thing.

Wanna bitch about Dana and the fights and all the other stuff? support the brand once in a while.
    Ok I will pay for every PPV for the next 6 months. What will change? The only thing that will change is that I am going to lose about 300 dollars, but the product will be exactly the same.

How about they improve a lot their product? Only then many people will consider paying for it.

You dont like the product, turn off your live stream or Tv or whatever else you watch it on.
    Obviously I do that. I watch only the fights that interest me. Why should I waste my time watching fighters that I do not care about?

Companies including the UFC doesn't owe the non-consumer a damn thing.
    And we do not owe the UFC a damn thing neither. Fuck them!
    I can not go out there and make my job in a very shitty level and then expect people to pay me tons of money.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

4. Default

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak
    The problem here is that they want to make shitty entertainment and want you to pay a lot of money for that.
    Sometimes I think that Dana White views his fan base only as the Tapout-wearing, Jersey Shore wanna-bes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Aha and you think that they care about the fans that pay money?
    You pay or not, you get exactly the same product.
    Sure to an extent... it's bad business to complete ignore the trends of what your paying customer base is doing. Do they love their customer and have a fondness for them nope... but what big business does.

Same thing. UFC does things however the hell they want, not however fans (hardcore, casuals, who pay, who don't pay) want.
    No they do what hey want that they think will get them the most customers with the least amount of risk and cost to themselves

To suggest that they actually want to perform poorly is a stretch even by your anti Dana rheotoric standards.

Bullshit.
    Fighters are the ones that make money to the UFC, fighters are the ones that make MMA the sport it is.
    So obviously they have the rights to be happy or unhappy about something. Because while their retarded fatty boss is sitting on the computer jerking off or insulting random people on Twitter, these fighters are training like animals knowing that their next fight may be the last one.
    How successful would a card be without... money to pay the fighters no matter on how many fans show up or buy the ppv? a venue that is paid for? a network tv deal or ppv? the equipment to broadcast? adverting, media relations and PR?

You can rant about twitter and all that other stuff.. but to pretend that there isn't a very large amount of work required on the UFC's end to make their cards happen is blind. Fighters put on the show but without the money and logistics to back them there is no show.

Ok I will pay for every PPV for the next 6 months. What will change? The only thing that will change is that I am going to lose about 300 dollars, but the product will be exactly the same.
    In turn then can you really complain about a product that you are not purchasing ?

If you want fighter pay to go up for example shouldn;t you be contributing to their revenue stream?

How about they improve a lot their product? Only then many people will consider paying for it.
    Lets be honest here you've never had any intention of purchasing a ufc event and never will. There has been plenty of PPV cards worth the charge that you never paid for.

And we do not owe the UFC a damn thing neither. Fuck them!
    And in turn they owe you nothing either I can understand bitching and moaning if you paid for something and the product didn't deliver, but you go off on rants with no actual investments in things. One would think you were being forced to read Dana white interviews and watch UFC events.

I can not go out there and make my job in a very shitty level and then expect people to pay me tons of money.
    Your definition of "very shitty level" leaves a lot to be desired.

No they do what hey want that they think will get them the most customers with the least amount of risk and cost to themselves
    Well if they think that asking 60 bucks for cards like UFC 170 will get them tons of customers they are very wrong.

To suggest that they actually want to perform poorly is a stretch even by your anti Dana rheotoric standards.
    It is not anti Dana stuff. It is obvious that they want to get a lot of money without doing so much effort.
    I would be very ashamed to ask people that much money for cards like those. Or you seriously think that they are not capable of doing better cards?

In turn then can you really complain about a product that you are not purchasing ?

If you want fighter pay to go up for example shouldn;t you be contributing to their revenue stream?
    Of course I can, at least because in Mexico you can legally watch for free the events. It is not my fault that I am not supposed to pay them.

As for the second thing, they already have more than enough money to rise the payment of the fighters. Instead of that, Dana will buy himself an extra Ferrari.

Lets be honest here you've never had any intention of purchasing a ufc event and never will. There has been plenty of PPV cards worth the charge that you never paid for.
    Once again, I am not even supposed to pay for that. You can watch the events for free in a TV channel named TD Network.
    Secondly, if I lived in USA and they made a really awesome card from top to bottom, then I would definitely consider paying for it.

And in turn they owe you nothing either I can understand bitching and moaning if you paid for something and the product didn't deliver, but you go off on rants with no actual investments in things. One would think you were being forced to read Dana white interviews and watch UFC events.
    For the third time, I do not have to pay them.
    And obviously I am not forced in watching their events or reading what that stupid baffoon has to say, but it disgusts me how they are stealing money from people. Even if it does not affect me at all, I don't like when people do a mediocre job and want big money in return.

Your definition of "very shitty level" leaves a lot to be desired.
    Are you happy with the quality of the cards they usually make?

Fighters put on the show but without the money and logistics to back them there is no show.
    And without the fighters there is no show either.
    Fighters are the ones that make the show possible, they are the reason of why people love MMA. At least because of that, asshole Dana should respect them. Instead of that, he talks shit about them. There is a reason on why everytime more and more fighters complain about him.

I understand that he is the one that pays them, but they earn the money. They are the ones that make Dana White a fucking millionaire when actually he should be frying burgers at some McDonalds.
    There should be a professional and respectful relationship between the boss and the employees. They should understand that they need each other. Instead of that, Dana talks crap about them in public, and acts as if he is the toughest guy on earth. LOL the only reason he is there is because of the Ferttitas. Without them he would now be begging for a coin at some corner in Boston.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Its just growing pains, things are going to continue to change. Everybody denounces monopolies and front-running but the byproducts of the UFC's recent successes have really spoiled fans and as well those in the fight business. There's still so much work for the UFC to do to progress the sport and the brand but everyone who's gotten too comfortable just wants to talk about a pile of money they know nothing about and would rather stack all the blame on Dana.

Its a common accusation against Dana that he puts himself ahead of what is best for the sport. I find it laughable when it comes from those who clearly stand to gain from his demise. Individual fighters talk about having family to take care of. Everybody has people to support on that micro a scale. What about keeping a company and its employees, partnerships and contracted individuals secure in the long term? There is only a handful of fighters who put the sport or just their promotion ahead of themselves and did so consistently. There are however plenty of fighters who put all of themselves into the sport for themselves and failed to break even that is not the same thing. It has gotten to the point that we refuse to acknowledge the UFC's right to protect itself from slander, even theft.
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 02-19-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well if they think that asking 60 bucks for cards like UFC 170 will get them tons of customers they are very wrong.
    They know UFC 170 isn;t going to do a ton of buys... they know right now with GSP gone their PPV numbers won;t match last years until other fighters start to really stand out. Can they stack 170 to make it sell more sure... can they do it and still have talent to put on the free tv cards nope.

It is not anti Dana stuff. It is obvious that they want to get a lot of money without doing so much effort.
    I would be very ashamed to ask people that much money for cards like those. Or you seriously think that they are not capable of doing better cards?
    See this is where you are really wrong... if you think there is little effort behind running an event that is broadcast internationally, that has 15-20k fans attending in person, that has huge media demands for every individual presents time, that requires the logistics of getting 100's of people in place on time with proper accommodations, making sure all the appropriate commission requirements have been met, and with tons of other logistical requirements.

Honestly does the above sound like so little effort to you? if so you should run your own promotion if it's that easy

[quoteOf course I can, at least because in Mexico you can legally watch for free the events. It is not my fault that I am not supposed to pay them. [/quote]

Then why complain about the price... do you go to a restaurant that gives you a free meal and complain about the price there ?

As for the second thing, they already have more than enough money to rise the payment of the fighters. Instead of that, Dana will buy himself an extra Ferrari.
    Can't complain about where Dana spends his money if your not actually spending any.

For the third time, I do not have to pay them.
    And obviously I am not forced in watching their events or reading what that stupid baffoon has to say, but it disgusts me how they are stealing money from people. Even if it does not affect me at all, I don't like when people do a mediocre job and want big money in return.
    Strange thing is all those people paying have a right to actually not pay... calling it stealing is just dumb

Are you happy with the quality of the cards they usually make?
    I think some cards are great top to bottom

I think others are lacking right off the bat

I think others just don't deliver on expectations

Do I want to see the UFC PPV structure and business model change yup.. and I indicate that by what I'm willing (or not willing) to pay money for

And without the fighters there is no show either.
    Fighters are the ones that make the show possible, they are the reason of why people love MMA. At least because of that, asshole Dana should respect them. Instead of that, he talks shit about them. There is a reason on why everytime more and more fighters complain about him.
    Absolutely the fighter make the show but one can't exist without the other. If there isn't a ring for them to fight and arena for the fans to go to or a tv camera to film them we wouldn't know who the majority of these guys are.

I'm not defending Dana in the slightest, but I'm not blind or ignorant to the facts that without someone pushing the sport and promoting it we certainly wouldn't get to see the fights/fighters that we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I don't buy shit but sat through many crappy "long" ads on Spike and now Fox, I'm sure that's putting money in their pockets.

and the UFC is coming to my home town soon and I'm going (1st event) lol
    That makes you a paying customer. Now you may bitch about the UFC, Dana, etc..

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information