Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Stop paying them. Stream the PPV or wait maybe 4 or 5 hours after the event is over and you can download it absolutely for free in HD via some torrent.
    What do you prefer? To watch it a little bit later but completely for free, or to watch it live but pay 60 bucks for an event that you may not even enjoy.
    I hear ya man but it still pisses me off. The UFC is going for quantity not quality...fuck that.

I remember when I bought every PPV, watched every free card. It was must see for me. Not now, not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I remember when I bought every PPV, watched every free card. It was must see for me. Not now, not even close.
    That is precisely the same boat I am in. And the UFC should be very concerned about that.

There's a local band I'm going to check out, show should end about the time Rousey/McMann goes down. Head down the street to a bar, have a couple drinks and watch the ME.

I just don't care like I used to.

There's a local band I'm going to check out, show should end about the time Rousey/McMann goes down. Head down the street to a bar, have a couple drinks and watch the ME.

Hate to spoil it for you, but Rousey wins by armbar!

I'd be more curious to see Maia/Macdonald.......

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Hate to spoil it for you, but Rousey wins by armbar!

I'd be more curious to see Maia/Macdonald.......
    Maia by armbar o.0

That is 100 percent how I am I used to go around bragging up until maybe a year ago that I've seen every ppv since ufc 98 without missing one. Now not only do i miss a lot(partially because there are so many cards), I really do not care that I am missing them.

Well we should also consider that we change and we do not have the same passions we had years ago.

There are some things that we will like our whole life, but there are others that we will like for few years and then we will not be really interested anymore.

I remember when I used to think that WWE was so damn awesome, I remember when I was so much into chess that one game would determine my mood for the rest of the day, etc.

Years ago I also enjoyed MMA more than now. If Machida and Mousasi fought 2 or 3 years ago I would be so damn excited thinking "Oh Woooow! Tonight Machida and Mousasi are fighting!! That's awesome!!!!!!! Can't wait!" and last week it was "Wait? The Machida-Mousasi fight is even today or next week? Oh it is today! Nice."
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well we should also consider that we change and we do not have the same passions we had years ago.

There are some things that we will like our whole life, but there are others that we will like for few years and then we will not be really interested anymore.

I remember when I used to think that WWE was so damn awesome, I remember when I was so much into chess that one game would determine my mood for the rest of the day, etc.

Years ago I also enjoyed MMA more than now. If Machida and Mousasi fought 2 or 3 years ago I would be so damn excited thinking "Oh Woooow! Tonight Machida and Mousasi are fighting!! That's awesome!!!!!!! Can't wait!" and last week it was "Wait? The Machida-Mousasi fight is even today or next week? Oh it is today! Nice."
    Great points.

It's funny though, as I lose interest in MMA I've gained interest in WWE.

Me, MMAtt and about 5 other people used to get together for every PPV. The week of the PPV that was all my friends and I would talk about. My wife( girlfriend at the time) got into more then one argument because she wanted to do something the night of a PPV and I refused. In fact the night if the Fedor/Rogers fight I convinced her to let me leave one of her friends wedding early so I could watch the fight.

Slowly over the last few years my friends stopped caring about the fights to the point where I usually watch them alone or record them and watch with my brother the next day. MMAtt and one or two others will occasionally come over if its a really big fight or GSP or Anderson are fighting but thats about it.

I've still been getting all the PPVs and watching all the free cards as well as TUF but lately not so much. I watched this last free card but the two previous ones I forgot all about. This next PPV will be the first one since Rashad/Thiago Silva I skip.

For me it's a few thing. One, a lot of my favorite fighters retired or are on the way out. Fedor, Forrest, Cro Cop, Marcus Davis, Jason MacDonald are all gone and Gray's chances of another title run are all but gone. I just don't have the same emotional investment in many of today's fighters.
    Two, the cards are just so watered down. I used to want to see every main card fight and quite a few of the prelims. Now there's like 2 or 3 fights total I want to see.
    Third, many of the fighters the UFC seems to push are not fighters I want to support. People like Rousey, the Diazes, Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen are not people I want my money supporting.

All of these things combined just seems to be making me care less and less for the sport.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Thread Information