Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    I think talent is starting wear a little thin, especially in the higher weight classes, add in all the extra shows which spreads it even thinner then it's hard to keep the interest. The non stop drama doesn't help either. But for me personally between work, kids, and BJJ I don't have the energy to stay up till 1 am
    I disagree the UFC heavyweight division has always been thin.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I disagree the UFC heavyweight division has always been thin.
    Talented heacyweights have always been in short supply in comparison to the rest of the weight classes

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Talented heacyweights have always been in short supply in comparison to the rest of the weight classes
    Yeah but back in the day there were a lot of good heavyweights outside of the UFC. Pride's HW division was better than the UFC's at the time and possibly strikeforce at the time that the tournament was created.

Well UFC's current HW division is not that bad:

Cain, Cigano, Werdum, Overeem, Browne are all solid fighters.

There are also the likes of Big Nog, Miocic, Gonzaga, BigFoot, Hunt, Nelson...who have had good moments too.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well UFC's current HW division is not that bad:

Cain, Cigano, Werdum, Overeem, Browne are all solid fighters.

There are also the likes of Big Nog, Miocic, Gonzaga, BigFoot, Hunt, Nelson...who have had good moments too.
    That's my point. I think the division is the strongest it's been in a while. Pretty much all of the best HWs in the world are in the UFC right now and this is probably the first time ever that is the case. Way back when other orgs used to pay heavyweights a shit ton more money.

I'm sorry I was talking about mma as a whole. I was also talking about lhw, which use to be stacked but is now weak.

It's easy to see a division as being weak when the champ is clearly ahead of the top contenders.

I personally wouldn't call either of them thin, I would call them less exciting. The talent is present but not at a level to dethrone the incumbents.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I think having this many events is a good thing. Give your young talent time and a platform to grow and gain an audience with your target demographic. That way, when someone makes a PPV fans have a familiarity with him/her. Sure it may turn off people who are really drawn to the sport through specific fighters, but I also think it provides an opportunity to drift from the character driven mindset and towards a competition/love of the actual sport mindset.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Yeah, I find my interest has dried up a bit. It's funny because 2013 was an incredible year of fights. A few factors for me, my interest in NHL hockey seems really reignited, particularly around the Olympics. The downfall of Anderson, GSP stepping away and retirement of many of the recognizable favorites, it's going to be a very different year. I'm overall disappointed in what Fight Pass had to offer. Already canceled my trial. Had so much potential but don't see the value in it compared to Netflix or the WWE Network. There's a few fights on the horizon I'm interested in but nothing special that I'm willing to put my hard earned money down for. Not what the UFC is asking for the PPVs, that's for sure. Dana is annoying but that's not going to keep me away. Gary Bettman aggravates 1000x more and I keep coming back to Hockey. It's the product in the end. Just not enough fights I give a shit about right now and not sure if I've got it in me to sit through fighters I don't know to build new attachments to. Events are lacking that spectacle attraction to them. I think the UFC is going to take a big step back financially this year and we'll see how they respond to that. I'll always keep an eye on what's going on but can't see a day to day interest returning anytime soon.

You have to wonder what Fox's position on this is. I watch Ultimate fighter on a regular basis. Although I dont truely like the format ,I do enjoy seeing fighters make the jump from unknown to possible star but the UFC putting the finale on fight pass (which I refuse to pay for) is like watching a highly competitive football game and leaving at the end of the third quarter.So if UFC presist I suppose I will choose not to watch UF.
    Viacom and Spike have been supportive of MMA and tried to be competitive and Dana trying to bleed the loyal fans instead of rewarding them may well give Bellator and other organizations the oppertunity they have been looking for. Where I used to come in and first look for a UFC event to watch, I now look for Bellator,WSOF,Legacy or other that I feel would actually appreciate my support first. No dought UFC has the best talent at this point but without the fans that will chage quickly.
    I am very much an MMA junkie and have supported UFC since UFC#1 but UFC abusing their stardom and success has really turned my opinion and has me looking toward other organizations. This thread has ,at the least . let me know I am not alone .
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Thread Information