Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me, or is the UFC really starting to turn fans off lately?

The UFC thinks they are "too big to fail" even if some hardcore fans leave, they are "In" with hollywood and believe they can get all the casual idiots to doll out the cash they ask for. That's just the way it is.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I watch free cards and when buddies get the shows.

I just think its funny NOW that people are starting to see how much bs has always gone on. News flash: it's nothing new at all. It's just spilled over to the guys you like rather than just the lesser favored fighters. When it was Tito, Sylvia, frank shamrock, fedor, Roy Nelson etc, everyone was just fine. It spills over to gsp and everyone goes crazy.
    Yup.

dana peaked in terms of effectiveness in 2006. I've stated that the UFC has outgrown him and he's been a barrier to progress ever since. It's funny that people are just starting to catch on to that.

and yet still sad.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I feel the same way but not with the ufc but with dana. lately, he seems to be in his man period a lot and nothing positive seems to come out of him. would love it if Lorenzo asks him to step down as a president or apologise for his outbursts with pretty much everything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    dana peaked in terms of effectiveness in 2006. I've stated that the UFC has outgrown him and he's been a barrier to progress ever since. It's funny that people are just starting to catch on to that.

and yet still sad.

rh
    While you are right about that, it is at a whole other level now.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Elaborate?

Tito was their biggest draw for a stretch and got dissed regardless of situation.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

As for Lorenzo, I think that actually he is not that better than Dana White.

Obviously he has the ability to speak in a polite way in public, but at the end, if he really wanted, he would change a lot of things in the UFC.
    Dana White does a lot of idiocy but Lorenzo allows all of that. He is obviously more intelligent, but he is not some "very nice guy" that wants the best for everyone. He is a fucking thief that also just cares about money.
    If he really cared about how the UFC treats the fighters, he would have fired Dana White a long time ago.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I've always kinda thought what Pashak just said. It's not like the man that is actually in charge isn't well aware of what's going on.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Most of the other stuff hasn't really turned me off the UFC...

What bothers me the most over the last couple years is the way they've dealt with their expansion and how they have over saturated the market with their product.

TUF is on the air constantly now and there really isn't enough talent to justify this. Back in the early days of TUF you had multiple guys coming into the UFC and staying long term (and being successful) now the vast majority of the cast memebers are no where close to UFC level and the winners are not exactly standing out. On top of that they tie up mainstream fighters for close to a year filming a show instead of actually fighting.

With all the fight nights, fox shows and TUF Finales they have completely watered down the product. They throw so much top talent at these shows the PPV's become lacking in name value. I'm all for seeing new guys and prospects fight but for $60 a PPV the main card really should be stacked. They also have done a really poor job in general in dealing with injuries cards need to be designed in a manner so that if someone gets injured there is a back up already fighting that night to take their place. This is pretty much the only business out there that seems to think it's ok to deliver an inferior product and still think they can charge the same rate.

Quick question.....

As far as the MMA business goes.... is it better to cater to potential new fans in lieu of pleasing an already established fanbase?

Thread Information