+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GSP calls war of words with Dana White nothing personal, wants to 'attack the system'

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    GSP continues to talk a lot whilst saying very little. It's getting boring now, I wish he would either open up fully or disappear until he has something new and meaningful to say.
    Same way I felt about his fighting career.
    Last edited by disposableassassin; 02-19-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daellusx View Post
    How come? The Fertitta's have always been the real owners of the UFC. Dana is the promoter just like GSP said. If i remember correctly he only owns about 10% of the the UFC. Which also makes me wonder why people take what Dana says so seriously. He's a promoter and he does a hell of a job promoting the brand. He says a lot of shit but you know what they say, no press is bad press right? As long as people are talking about the UFC then Dana is doing his job.
    because Dana gets shit on more than anyone else ive seen in MMA (mostly deserved of course - especially of late) and none of the blame is thrown upon the people that employ him - the Fertittas. At the end of the day Dana is simply the promoter like you said, the Fertittas let him do his thing because like you said as long as someone is talking about you it = money for the UFC but when are they ever to blame?

I saw a bunch of people talking yesterday on the thread about losing interest in the UFC of late and the amount of watered down shows they put on. When does Joe Silva get shit on - the guy who makes the fights? When does Lorenzo get shit on for allowing the product he owns to be "water down" and to have the former face of your company (GSP) talking publically about the major problems inside of it. When does he get his dues? Instead its Dana -the promoter who gets shit on for every single thing wrong with the UFC and MMA and the expansion of the brand etc etc...GSP's quote just got me thinking i guess.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Why is it that every time I read a GSP quote it is in his voice in my head?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    because Dana gets shit on more than anyone else ive seen in MMA (mostly deserved of course - especially of late) and none of the blame is thrown upon the people that employ him - the Fertittas. At the end of the day Dana is simply the promoter like you said, the Fertittas let him do his thing because like you said as long as someone is talking about you it = money for the UFC but when are they ever to blame?

I saw a bunch of people talking yesterday on the thread about losing interest in the UFC of late and the amount of watered down shows they put on. When does Joe Silva get shit on - the guy who makes the fights? When does Lorenzo get shit on for allowing the product he owns to be "water down" and to have the former face of your company (GSP) talking publically about the major problems inside of it. When does he get his dues? Instead its Dana -the promoter who gets shit on for every single thing wrong with the UFC and MMA and the expansion of the brand etc etc...GSP's quote just got me thinking i guess.
    Also part of the job of the promoter is to take the heat when things go bad. Just like the head coaches, GMS, and Managers do in football, baseball, basketball teams. Just like Bud Selig, Roger Goodell, etc. They're running the team, franchise, league, or promotion - they take the heat. Not necessarily the person to always blame, but it comes with the territory and thats part of what they get paid for.
    Last edited by hass; 02-19-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    He's basically saying that he has a problem with GSP while at the same time complaining about us. Ultimate passive agressiveness for the win!
    I would like to thanks my friends, my family....

The only things I want to hear GSP talk about are aliens and his hypothesis about sex & fighting.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    No way man. Its blasphemy to do so around here. Im no fool.
    No it is not. The fighter bashing rule is ridiculous and out-dated.

"Oh so I have an opinion but I will not say it because you will bash me"

In that case the best option was to not say anything at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Machida would consider using TRT
    Lyoto Machida had a big win against Gegard Mousasi at the UFC Fight Night 36 this past weekend, after the fight was asked his feelings on TRT use:

"I think it is fair if it is according with the rules. Anyone has his reasons, such as physical, technical or personal. If he (Belfort) really has this condition, there is no problem. I would do. If I was in the rules and to match with everybody else's condition, there wouldn't be a problem. People talk a lot of things but he is doing everything straight."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information