Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 170: Pre & Post Fight Extras

Default UFC 170: Pre & Post Fight Extras

UFC 170 start times, fight card, TV info, fan and media events, video preview
    UFC 170 START TIME: UFC 170 takes place Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event kicks off with two prelims on UFC Fight Pass at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT), followed by four more prelims on FOX Sports 1 (8 p.m. ET) and the five-fight main card at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view.
    The official UFC 170 card includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
    •Champ Ronda Rousey vs. Sara McMann – for women’s bantamweight title
    •Daniel Cormier vs. Patrick Cummins
    •Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
    •Mike Pyle vs. T.J. Waldburger
    •Stephen Thompson vs. Robert Whittaker

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
    •Alexis Davis vs. Jessica Eye
    •Raphael Assuncao vs. Pedro Munhoz
    •Cody Gibson vs. Aljamain Sterling
    •Zach Makovsky vs. Josh Sampo

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
    •Erik Koch vs. Rafaello Oliveira
    •Ernest Chavez vs. Yosdenis Cedeno

Watch today's UFC 170 pre-fight press conference on MMAjunkie at 4 p.m. ET

Latest UFC 170 odds, online betting guide for 'Rousey vs McMann' in Las Vegas

UFC 170 Odds For The Main Card:

Ronda Rousey (-440) vs. Sara McMann (+350)
    Daniel Cormier (-1200) vs. Patrick Cummins (+775)
    Rory MacDonald (-280) vs. Demian Maia (+240)
    Mike Pyle (-190) vs. T.J. Waldburger (+165)
    Stephen Thompson (-135) vs. Robert Whittaker (+115)
    UFC 170 Odds For The Under Card:

Alexis Davis (-150) vs. Jessica Eye (+130)
    Raphael Assuncao (-195) vs. Pedro Munhoz (+155)
    Aljamain Sterling (-260) vs. Cody Gibson (+180)
    Zach Makovsky (-180) vs. Josh Sampo (+140)
    Erik Koch (-420) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (+300)
    Yosdenis Cedeno (-300) vs. Ernest Chavez (+220)
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-20-2014 at 05:58 PM.

2. Default

I see Maia as one of the better bets for under dogs

UFC 170's Daniel Cormier on title shot: Cummins win 'doesn't move me any closer'

“If I was fighting Rashad and I was able to win that fight, I’d be very close to fighting for the championship. Whereas now, I think a win over Patrick doesn’t move me any closer.”
    “If I lose to him – there’s no reason to lose this fight,” Cormier said. “I can’t lose this fight. If I win, all it does is it allows me to get down to 205, show everyone that I can make this weight and compete the way I’m used to competing, and show me that I can compete at the level that I’m used to competing at, and start to chase that belt.”

Dana White UFC 170 media scrum full video from pre-fight press conference in Las Vegas
    *In typical Dana fashion, as of late, Dana loses his shit on a reporter.

UFC 170 press conference staredowns

UFC 170 open workout highlights

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-20-2014 at 11:17 PM.

UFC 170's Stephen Thompson thinks two things when promised a standup fight
    “I get super excited, and I think it’s going to be a standup war, or he is just tricking me,” Thompson told MMAjunkie Radio.
    “It makes me feel good that [Whittaker] says he is going to stand there and bang with me,” Thompson said. “He is a striker, but he trains at Tristar, and those guys have awesome wrestling, awesome jiu-jitsu, so I’m not going to take that away from him.”
    Cody Gibson close to becoming full-time teacher before UFC 170 call
    “I was kind of coming to the point in my life where I had just finished a teaching credential,” Gibson told MMAjunkie Radio. “I was looking to start a full-time teaching position in August, and I kind of told my family, ‘Give me a few more months before we make that decision.’ I said if I could get to the UFC, maybe we could hold off on the full-time teaching position.

“I knew even though I’m only 26, that clock and that window is starting to close, I felt it closing. So once that call came, it was nice – and that motivated me.”

UFC 170 weigh in results
    Main Event:

135 lbs.: Ronda Rousey (135) vs. Sara McMann (135)
    Main Card:

205 lbs.: Daniel Cormier (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (205)
    170 lbs.: Rory MacDonald (171) vs. Demian Maia (170)
    170 lbs.: Mike Pyle (171) vs. T.J. Waldburger (171)
    170 lbs.: Stephen Thompson (170.5) vs. Robert Whittaker (170)
    Preliminary Card:

135 lbs.: Alexis Davis (135) vs. Jessica Eye (136)
    135 lbs.: Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Pedro Munhoz (135)
    135 lbs.: Aljamaine Sterling (135.5) vs. Cody Gibson (135.5)
    125 lbs.: Zach Makovsky (125) vs. Josh Sampo (126)
    155 lbs.: Erik Koch (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155)
    155 lbs.: Ernest Chavez (156) vs. Yosdenis Cedeno (155.5)

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-21-2014 at 08:52 PM.

How staged the Cormier beef is is despicable. It infuriates me, I feel bad that the zuffa boys are forcing Cormier to do this. Can't stand Dana smirking like a jackass during that stare down shit.

In other news Cormier looks like a goddamn beast at 205.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

8. 02-23-2014, 12:59 AM

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/ufc-170...-843k-payroll/

UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and light heavyweight contender Daniel Cormier were the top earners at Saturday’s UFC 170 event.

MMAjunkie obtained the list of disclosed paydays from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which oversaw Saturday’s pay-per-view event at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Events Center.

The total disclosed payroll for the event was $843,000.

Cormier (14-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who defeated late-replacement Patrick Cummins (4-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) in the co-main event, was the top earner with a base pay of $80,000 with an additional $80,000 for his first-round knockout victory. He netted $160,000 total.

Rousey (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who stopped Sara McMann (7-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) with strikes in the first round, walked away with a $55,000 base pay with a $55,000 win bonus, for a $110,000 total.

The full list of disclosed paydays included:

Champ Ronda Rousey: $110,000 (includes $55,000 win bonus)
    def. Sara McMann: $16,000

Daniel Cormier: $160,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus)
    def. Patrick Cummins: $8,000

Rory MacDonald: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
    def. Demian Maia: $64,000

Mike Pyle: $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus)
    def. T.J. Waldburger: $18,000

Stephen Thompson: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
    def. Robert Whittaker: $15,000

Alexis Davis: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
    def. Jessica Eye: $8,000

Raphael Assuncao: $56,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus)
    def. Pedro Munhoz: $8,000

Aljamain Sterling: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
    def. Cody Gibson: $8,000

Zach Makovsky: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    def. Josh Sampo: $10,000

Erik Koch: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
    def. Rafaello Oliveira: $14,000

Ernest Chavez: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
    def. Yosdenis Cedeno: $8,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter’s income. They also do not include any other “locker room” or special discretionary bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. Additionally, they don’t include any pay-per-view revenue some top fighters receive.

In other words, the above figures are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

UFC 170 bonuses: Ronda Rousey wins for 'Performance', MacDonald vs. Maia takes 'Fight of the Night'

Performance of the Night -- Stephen Thompson

Performance of the Night -- Ronda Rousey

Fight of the Night -- Rory MacDonald vs. Demian Maia

Again, each fighter received $50,000 extra for their performances in addition to their respective base salaries
    UFC 170 results: Ronda Rousey called her (liver) shot finish of Sara McMann
    That's what she claimed, at least, in her post-fight interview with Fox Sports:

"I promised my coach that I would do it, I really did. I promised that I would drop her with a body shot. I've been working on it so hard for this camp. We knew that she's a wrestler and she was going to be more bent over all the time and, yeah. I don't know what to say. I can't wait to see what people come up with to complain about this time."
    White, Rousey agree with controversial UFC 170 stoppage, but McMann not so sure
    “Looking back, it did seem kind of quick on the screen,” she told MMAjunkie after the event. “Things are kind of slowed down in my head in the cage. I felt it connect, and my body just flew to protect itself. I heard [Dean's] voice, and I immediately tried to get back up.

“I’m not going to blame a referee for something I feel like I should be able to control. I should get up quicker. If you want to win fights, you just have to do it, regardless of what’s going on.”

It was a tough night for Dean, who’s generally regarded as one of the sport’s better officials. However, earlier in the night, he took criticism for a perceived late stoppage in Mike Pyle’s main-card win over fellow welterweight T.J. Waldburger.

However, UFC President Dana White – who’s usually never one to shy away from chucking a ref in front of the bus – came to Dean’s defense when it came to both stoppages. He said the Pyle stoppage wasn’t as late as some people suggested (“It didn’t look as bad to me in the replay as when it was happening live,” he said), and he also backed up the veteran official’s Rousey-McMann stoppage.

“Listen, guys,” he said. “I’ve been in this business a long time. I’ve seen that happen to Oscar de la Hoya and many other great fighters. You get hit to the body like that, and regular people who have never been hit to the body have no f—ing clue what that feels like. Believe me when I tell you that.

“[McMann] went down to her knees, and she turned her head the other way. Could Herb have let her take some shots to the face? Definitely. But when the fight happened and I saw it, I said, ‘Oh man.’ And then I watched the replay. When I watched the replay, I thought it was a good stoppage.”

Rousey concurred. The Olympic bronze-medal judoka, who met a silver-medal wrestler in Saturday’s all-Olympic affair, diligently worked on her striking during the 56 days between her UFC 168 and UFC 170 title defenses. In fact, Rousey caused a bit of a stir on fight week when she told MMAjunkie that in addition to being the best grappler in women’s MMA, she’s also the best striker. Those comments followed some from her coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, who said Rousey was consistently dropping world-champion boxers with body shots.

So when she buckled McMann with the liver shot from the clinch, Rousey wasn’t necessarily surprised. She also felt Dean’s quick intervention was warranted.

“I didn’t think it was too soon,” she said. “I’d have kept going if someone didn’t stop me. But it’s not my decision. That’s why they have a referee in there to make sure no one gets hurt more than they need to.
    Dana White: Rousey's next opponent unclear; Zingano, Davis favored over 'Cyborg,' Holm
    “I usually have a hard time staying away from the gym, so I’ll probably get bored within a couple of weeks, and whenever they need me, I’ll fight,” Rousey said at the post-event press conference, which took place at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Events Center. “It seems late summer seems like a cool time, but I might want to fight sooner than that.”

Asked by MMAjunkie who she has in mind for an opponent, she returned to Cat Zingano (8-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who this past fall earned a No. 1 contender spot only to see it go to Miesha Tate when she badly injured her knee. But she also mentioned another name that emerged from UFC 170′s preliminary card – Alexis Davis, who upset Jessica Eye via split decision.

“I think Cat Zingano really deserves to fight for the title at some point, but she’s still coming back from her injury, and I thought Alexis Davis did an amazing job tonight,” Rousey said. “It’s up to the UFC.”

The soft-spoken Davis (16-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC) had no trouble getting on board as the next title contender.

“Of course I’ll say yes,” she said. “I’ve been fighting for so long, and who else is 3-0 in the UFC, other than the girl sitting right down from me?

“I want that shot. I’m the quiet girl that sits there, but I’m looking for it.”

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 02-23-2014 at 11:45 AM.

UFC Fight Night 36 drug tests come back clean
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/ufc-fig...me-back-clean/

UFC 170 medical suspensions: MacDonald among those with potential long terms
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/02/ufc-170...al-long-terms/
    The full list of suspensions includes:

Sara McMann: suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days
    Patrick Cummins: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days
    Rory MacDonald: suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days; additionally, must have right ankle cleared by doctor or no contest for 180 days
    Demian Maia: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days
    T.J. Waldburger: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days
    Stephen Thompson: must have right hand cleared by doctor or no contest for 180 days
    Robert Whittaker: suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days; additionally, must have left forearm cleared by doctor or no contest for 180 days
    Raphael Assuncao: suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days; additionally, must have left ribs cleared by doctor or no contest for 180 days
    Pedro Munhoz: suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days
    Aljamain Sterling: must have MRI of head within seven days
    Cody Gibson: must have right hand cleared by doctor or no contest for 180 days
    Rafaello Oliveira: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days due to contusion under right eye

Thread Information