+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cormier vs Cummins

Default Cormier vs Cummins

Is anyone really giving Pat Cummins much of a chance against Daniel? I'd love to see the underdog story, however, after watching three of Pat's previous fights, I just can't see any way that he competes with DC. I could see him developing into a good fighter and might have great wrestling but he is seriously under skilled when throwing him into the ring with a top 3 HW or LWH - however you want to look at DC.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ights-to-date/
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Has anyone even tested DC at all?

I don't see this going well.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I wasn't very interested in the original fight, I'm even less interested in this one.

I respect his skills, but I'm not interested in watching Cormier fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

The only way I want to see DC fight is if he's getting smashed. Probably not getting that with this fight. I can hope though.

5. Default

Cormier started to complain to much for me before he had some tough wins under his belt. He may be great but please prove it some first

I don't give him any chance either but remember Cormier's recent fight with some unknown guy (I think his last strikeforce fight). He was the favorite and that fight was pretty lackluster. I think the weight cut and all could be a blessing for Cummins as well.

I took those odds on Cummins just for fun. So if Cormier loses I won't be too disappointed.

Well anything can happen. But in paper, DC should easily smash this guy.

However Cormier's fights are usually pretty boring, so he may win an easy UD.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well anything can happen. But in paper, DC should easily smash this guy.

However Cormier's fights are usually pretty boring, so he may win an easy UD.
    I get some of Cormier's fights were boring but I really enjoyed the Barnett fight (Who doesn't love a good body slam?) and the Bigfoot fight.

DC vs Rashad was being talked about as a possible #1 contender fight. Imagine if DC actually gets a title shot by beating Starbuck's guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    DC vs Rashad was being talked about as a possible #1 contender fight. Imagine if DC actually gets a title shot by beating Starbuck's guy.
    I highly doubt this happens. Making the assumption that DC beats "Starbucks guy" as you call him and Jones beats Texiera, you're going to see Jones/Gus before there is any chance in hell DC gets a title shot unless Gus gets injured and can't compete. In that time frame I am sure they will make DC fight a top 5 guy to legitimize his title shot.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information