+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cormier vs Cummins

Anyone can get a title shot without deserving it at all. You can ask Sonnen or Vitor if you don't believe me.

Strikeforce was the best one, their rule was that you have to lose by KO your last fight in order to get a title shot.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

did you guys see the shove? what'd ya think scripted or unscripted?

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    Cormier is just a douche bag, thats all.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

99% of MMA feuds (including stuff like shoving, giving the finger, talking shit, threatening etc) are fake.
    No one knows who is Cummins, so they need to do stuff like that so people have interest in the fight.

Even Dana was with a big smile like "hahaha great move Dan. Good boy"

After the fight they will hug each other and maybe kiss each other.
    Last edited by Pasha K; 02-21-2014 at 03:05 AM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Anyone can get a title shot without deserving it at all. You can ask Sonnen or Vitor if you don't believe me.
    Everyone knows they weren't given title shots because they deserved it. Sonnen has always said he was only given the shot because he said the word "yes". And a lot of people think Vitor gave Jones his best fight before the Gus fight. So he didn't deserve not to be there
    Favourites- Fedor, Randy, the Nogs, Bas, Hunt, Igor Vovchanchyn, Lesnar, Chael, Jennum, Matt Brown, Taktarov, Pat Barry, Bam Bam Dewees, Hamill, Renzo, Cro Cop, Te Huna, Maia, Lawler, Mousasi

6. Default

Cormier is so fucking boring. Daniel " Bathroom Break" Cormier.

What was originally a contender fight has now turned into Cormier doing a favor for the UFC by taking this fight. He gains absolutely nothing from it - all in the name of saving this card. Which it won't. I sincerely hope this card bombs. Take a little luster off of the Rousey train.......

Back to DC - as boring a fighter as some may think he is, will be the Champ once he gets his shot. This guy, IMO, is another Velasquez, but perhaps even better. There is no one better than him in the wrestling department, and he is a very solid striker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    I dont think it was scripted but I think it was Cormiers attempt at amping up a few PPV buys and interest in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    What was originally a contender fight has now turned into Cormier doing a favor for the UFC by taking this fight. He gains absolutely nothing from it - all in the name of saving this card. Which it won't. I sincerely hope this card bombs. Take a little luster off of the Rousey train.......

Back to DC - as boring a fighter as some may think he is, will be the Champ once he gets his shot. This guy, IMO, is another Velasquez, but perhaps even better. There is no one better than him in the wrestling department, and he is a very solid striker as well.
    Cormier has already won. Making weight and fighting at 205 is a win for Cormier. So many people counted him out and shit talked him before the weight cut claiming he would never be able to make it to 205. Well guess what, Cormier has already proven them all wrong, looks healthy and I think he will be fighting for the LHW strap by the end of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    99% of MMA feuds (including stuff like shoving, giving the finger, talking shit, threatening etc) are fake.
    No one knows who is Cummins, so they need to do stuff like that so people have interest in the fight.

Even Dana was with a big smile like "hahaha great move Dan. Good boy"

After the fight they will hug each other and maybe kiss each other.
    I agree. The whole stupid look of "I'm gonna kill you" on DC's face was just sad. DC needed a fight and they had no one. So they bring in a true no one in MMA and build up a story around him. Having watched his fights yesterday, outside of his wrestling Cummins looks very junior and sloppy against true zeros in the cage. So they build up a fight on a card which isn't going to draw any viewers.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

I hope Cormier vets smashed, but I would love to see Jones dominate him. As far as being like Cain, if Cain cut to LHW I dont think he would have the same success he has at HW. The same goes for Cormier, and even Fedor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information