+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: UFC Vet Nate Quarry Speaks Out Against The UFC

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    I really hope that the style of management doesn't completely diminish the value of the UFC.
    You have to know what you don't know.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    3,994

    Default

    DW sux....

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I'd like to see a guy like Mark Cuban start an organization. I know he started the "HD Net" channel, which is now AXS tv, but I don't know if he is involved anymore. You see how passionate he is about his basketball team - if he had the similar passion for MMA, and with pockets as deep as the the Fertitas, he would have as good a shot as anyone out there.

    edit: never mind, just read that Cuban is a bondholder of Zuffa. Too bad, because he did once contemplate starting a rival organization. This is according to Wikipedia....
    He would certainly be able to try and compete, but how would his passion change anything? Im not trying to defend DW or the UFC, but you can't claim they aren't passionate about the sport. You wouldn't buy the UFC when they did and continue to lose almost $50 million if you weren't passionate about the sport.

    I would love Mark Cuban to start a company to compete but he's a pretty savage businessman and would probably have pretty similar results.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    He would certainly be able to try and compete, but how would his passion change anything? Im not trying to defend DW or the UFC, but you can't claim they aren't passionate about the sport. You wouldn't buy the UFC when they did and continue to lose almost $50 million if you weren't passionate about the sport.

    I would love Mark Cuban to start a company to compete but he's a pretty savage businessman and would probably have pretty similar results.
    The passion is the starting point, the incredibly deep pockets is where he differs over all of the other non-UFC promotions. The guy has as much, if not more money than the Fertitas.....

  5. Default

    On Nat Quarrys Facebook, he says he regrets saying that the UFC didn't care about the fighters. He goes on to say that they've been more than generous with him in the past.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,040

    Default

    I think he was venting about the sponsorship stuff and you have to admit that shit got a bit out of hand with sponsors being banned (rvca, affliction, etc) and the fees involved.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    i'd all most bet they where still in the red in Quarrys fighting days but that does not seem to matter to a lot of fucks on the fourm
    you all seem to think the UFC should still be broke but the fighters them self should be rich

    side note Dana fucking White does not make evey Decision he too has a few bosses who can trump him at any time where the fuck is the flack on them guys you know the ones who sign the fucking checks the one who could shut the ufc down tomorrow if they wanted too.
    Last edited by mma #1 fan; 02-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,114

    Default

    I'm done with Dana seriously, I used to have a love hate relationship with him but now I fucking hate him. Congratulations Pashak you have a new member aboard the Dana hate train.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    i'd all most bet they where still in the red in Quarrys fighting days but that does not seem to matter to a lot of fucks on the fourm
    you all seem to think the UFC should still be broke but the fighters them self should be rich

    side note Dana fucking White does not make evey Decision he too has a few bosses who can trump him at any time where the fuck is the flack on them guys you know the ones who sign the fucking checks the one who could shut the ufc down tomorrow if they wanted too.
    So since they are doing so well now have they changed some of those decisions that have hurt fighters pay?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I'm done with Dana seriously, I used to have a love hate relationship with him but now I fucking hate him. Congratulations Pashak you have a new member aboard the Dana hate train.
    Me too woo woo all aboard!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •