Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "they're the f'ing bullies"

Default "they're the f'ing bullies"

"Everybody wants to talk about the UFC, how we're bullies or whatever, they're the fucking bullies. And they have these contracts that you cannot get out of. Look at Eddie Alvarez."

Anyone mentioned the whole Randy Couture leaving the UFC to fight Fedor event that took place a little while back? I love the White revisionist history. Apparently, a UFC fighter can walk away and do what he wants without worry of the UFC trying to bind him to a contract.

I also love the comment around Gil NEVER fighting in the UFC again if he goes over to those bullies. Funny thing Josh Barnett is back in the UFC. Didn't he say the same thing about Tito...

The way Dana and the UFC have been trending, I'd love to see a few more fighters jump ship and actually get some competition in the industry. You couldn't beat the sport back in the day when Pride and the UFC were split for MMA dominance.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Yup, those were the glory days Pride vs UFC

Fortunately Fedor was smart enough to not sign one of those contracts. Obviously he received a lot of heat for that, but it was probably the best for him to not sign with UFC.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Fortunately Fedor was smart enough to not sign one of those contracts. Obviously he received a lot of heat for that, but it was probably the best for him to not sign with UFC.
    Well he would have made a fuck load of money but he would have lost evey fight in the ufc so sure smart ass move for his Legacy
    As far as the contracts it not like they are changing them after a fighter has signed the contract let’s not be stupid.
    So it’s only the person who signed and his / hers attorneys fault
    Do any of you know what a no compete clause is some of them can last 5 to 7 years
    All these fighters can keep bitching and crying like babies (it’s like these guys don’t fucking read or understand the contract they just singed)
    But just wait until the ZUFFA Adds a no compete clause to it’s contracts

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Well he would have made a fuck load of money but he would have lost evey fight in the ufc...
    Aaaaand instead went to Strikeforce and lost 3 out of 4 of his fights

Well he would have made a fuck load of money but he would have lost evey fight in the ufc so sure smart ass move for his Legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    He would have probably lost the last 3/4 of his fights anywhere. My point being, he was in the end of his career. It wasn't because he was exposed the way some of you may hope he was. Anyone who was able to beat a prime Minotauro and a prime Crocop is as good as they come.

If you ask me, Fedor would have been the perfect match for Velasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    Yeah, stuff happens when you've been doing combat sports for basically your entire life...against people bigger than you. It was the end of the road for him. But Strikeforce's HW division was just as good as UFC's when Fedor signed anyways.

You know at least one of Fedor's UFC fights would have been Couture lol or should I say the easiest win and huge paycheck he would have ever made...after that there's Lesnar, who I think Fedor would have destroyed. Cain was just starting to become a badass and JDS wasn't big yet and also wasn't as good as he is now. So the people who think Fedor was scared of the UFC or something dumb like that need to get their brains checked...(not speaking directly to esox).

As far as what the actual thread is about...both are bullies. Bjorn supposedly drove a spike through an ex business partner's dog's head and Dana is Dana. The whole contract thing I can't feel too bad about because Alvarez and everyone else agreed to those contracts...but driving a spike through a dog's head...that sells it for me.
    Last edited by dbader08; 02-21-2014 at 04:16 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Yeah, stuff happens when you've been doing combat sports for basically your entire life...against people bigger than you. It was the end of the road for him. But Strikeforce's HW division was just as good as UFC's when Fedor signed anyways.

You know at least one of Fedor's UFC fights would have been Couture lol or should I say the easiest win and huge paycheck he would have ever made...after that there's Lesnar, who I think Fedor would have destroyed. Cain was just starting to become a badass and JDS wasn't big yet and also wasn't as good as he is now. So the people who think Fedor was scared of the UFC or something dumb like that need to get their brains checked...(not speaking directly to esox).
    Yup. That is who fanboys kept saying Fedor needed to fight to prove himself. At that time, the established hw's in the UFC were randy, brock, carwin, and mir.
    Last edited by rahdeezy; 02-21-2014 at 04:16 PM.

^Exactly...and looking back, Brock and Carwin's careers never amounted to anything close to Fedor's. And we all know how Fedor vs Mir would have went! Or at least could highly assume...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    ^Exactly...and looking back, Brock and Carwin's careers never amounted to anything close to Fedor's. And we all know how Fedor vs Mir would have went! Or at least could highly assume...
    So in the end, Fedor didn't take the money and instead participated in one of the greatest hw tournaments of all time (I hope my timeline is correct). Regardless of the results....that's pretty badass.
    Last edited by rahdeezy; 02-21-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information