+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "they're the f'ing bullies"

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    So what you're saying is that Cain is a transformer?
    Lol. Is that what you took away from that post?

Dana White being full of shit. What else is new?

Anyone who thinks Dana could Pay Fedor more money than the Russian Government is just crazy. I seriously think the russian gov. had a lot to do with why he didn't fight for the UFC. I think they had a hand in M1 Global. but then again maybe Fedor didn't want to work for Dana White. Hard to blame him with the way Dana's been carrying on....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively impose domination over others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power. Behaviors used to assert such domination can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion, and such acts may be directed repeatedly towards particular targets.
    Sound like a certain company's corporate media policy?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Fedor was making huge amounts of money anyway, he didn't care that UFC would pay him maybe 100,000 extra.
    He is not a man that would betray his longtime friend Finkelstein in exchange of more money. He is not a man that would be all afraid smiling and working for a douche that talked shit to him for years.

But most importantly, Vadim wanted M-1 to be really popular, and he wanted to use the UFC for that. Dana told them "Fuck you, I am not copromoting with you" and they told him "Fuck you. You will not have Fedor then", so that was it.

And well, about a year ago there were rumors that they had negotiations again, but once again everything failed because Fedor would not even consider coming out of retirement. (Obviously some not very bright people will say that it is because he is scared of the UFC fighters lol)
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

When Fedor was in Strikeforce, the UFC's heavyweight division was so fucking horrible. Brock would've been like the 8th best HW in strikeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    When Fedor was in Strikeforce, the UFC's heavyweight division was so fucking horrible. Brock would've been like the 8th best HW in strikeforce.
    That would be a stretch unless you would actually rank Arvloski, Karitonov, or Rogers ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    So in the end, Fedor didn't take the money and instead participated in one of the greatest hw tournaments of all time (I hope my timeline is correct). Regardless of the results....that's pretty badass.
    I was with you up until this ^

Could have been but the tournament ended up sucking. THANK YOU JOSH BARNETT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    I was with you up until this ^

Could have been but the tournament ended up sucking. THANK YOU JOSH BARNETT.
    Yes, the tournament did not live up to what it could have been. The point I was trying to make is that when Fedor agreed to the tournament, on paper, it was as good as any tournament ever. The results, however, were unforeseen. The mindset was to be part of something great.

GSP vs Penn II
    Henderson vs Pettis II, on paper, had great potential, but ended up being lackluster as well. Heading into those fights, everyone was thinking "holy shit, this is going to be awesome". The same way people thought about that hw tourney.
    Last edited by rahdeezy; 02-22-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Since some took issue with my previous post. Every fan of every sport is a fanboy to one extreme or another. Your favorite football, baseball, basketball, or hockey team. Just like their is at least one fighter you want to always win or feel a close decision should go to. If you can't admit it that's your own hang up. My point is fighters sign contracts knowing they are obligated to its terms. The organizations are a business nothing more. Go to Burger King and tell them you want a New York strip see how that goes for you. Are you going to call KFC a bully cause it pays its employees less than Popeye's? Or tells them they cant wear a Coke button as uniform flare because they only serve Pepsi products?

11. 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information